The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 15, 2002, 06:56 AM   #1
Redleg

Crossdraw Thumbreak Holster for 7.5" Ruger SBH

I am having a hard time finding one of these. I really wanted one for Christmas and have been searching frantically but to no avail. Here is exactly what I need:

Black leather (no basketweave) crossdraw holster with thumb break snap for a 7 1/2 in barrel .44 mag Ruger Super Blackhawk.

It can either be a dedicated crossdraw or the dual position variety. I just need to be able to carry it crossdraw for sitting in the stand during hunting season. Everything I have found is either cowboy action style, brown, no snap or something of that nature. I am considering having one custom made which means $$$ so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 15, 2002, 06:59 PM   #2
41 Redhawk

I would look at the Bianchi Cyclone. It is a crossdraw with thumb break but I am not sure if it is avaiable in black.

Terry
Old December 16, 2002, 01:11 AM   #3
Redleg

41 Redhawk,

Nope! Thats the perfect holster too. My dad uses one with his Blackhawk and it works great. Wish it did come in Black, my search would be over. Thanks for the reply.

I did find a fairly nice one at: http://www.silverdollarcrafters.com/m99.htm but it's $90 plus shipping. I was hoping to keep it under $75 or at least be able to get it locally to avoid S&H charges.

Does anyone know if the Bianchi Accumold 7001 can be set up for crossdraw? I cant tell from the info on the website but it looks like it might work. Its not leather but at this point I am not being choosy!
Old December 16, 2002, 07:40 AM   #4
Pinball

Will this one work?
http://www.cowboyneeds.com/440.html
Old December 22, 2002, 03:21 AM   #5
Redleg

Perfect!

Thanks to Pinball for posting the messege above. They had the exact holster I needed and for less than $50 INCLUDING shipping! Thanks again Pinball!
Old December 22, 2002, 02:06 PM   #6
Pinball

Glad to have helped.It's the same holster I plan to get after Christmas for my GP100 6".Enjoy Redleg.