The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 1, 2009, 12:40 PM   #26
pax

Quote:
I probably looked a bit embarassed, but she smiled, patted her purse, and said, "Smith & Wesson - don't leave home without it."
That's a heartwarming story.

pax
Old January 1, 2009, 06:43 PM   #27
The Great Mahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in VA
First time was in the story, reaching for something on the top shelf, jacket unzipped. It apparently gapped enough for some soman about 6' away to catch sight of the gun, and she started screaming, "He's got a gun!! He's got a gun!!" I yelled back, "Yeah, and I've got a permit, too, and if you don't quiet down, I'll call the police and have you charged with harassment!!" The look on her face - priceless.
Great story.
Old January 1, 2009, 06:59 PM   #28
Mike in VA

Northern Virgina (Fairfax Co.) is a very affluet area, with lots of 'well educated' who seem to 'feel' a lot more than they think, who readily buy into the PC crap. Maybe they're too busy/over-scheduled to think things through. 'Common sense' is not common there.

Case in point, my neighbor across the street needed to trim back a huge, old walnut tree that was overhanging his house. It was a genuine hazard.
Both his kids went all whiney on him for destroying the ecology, yada, yada, based on the eco-BS they had been fed at school, never mind that that big old tree needed maintenace to have a long life, that if part of the tree had come down at the wrong time (we get hurricane backwash in VA) it could kill the daughter in her bed, etc. Public schools, go figure -
Old January 1, 2009, 07:50 PM   #29
JasonG

Mike in VA, you owe me a key board, I shouldn't drink tea while reading stories !

We tend to be a little relaxed at our shop.
One day after running in, hitting the rest room, and back out to get lunch this happened.
One of the guys uses a "supertuck". Well after finishing in the rest room he didn't quite reset his shirt very well. As we're sitting down to eat, the boss says "so, how do you like that new holster?" He tucked the shirt behind his gun but never bloused the shirt over it.
Fortunately, the boss encourages carrying.
"Bones, what killed him ?" "Acute lead poisoning Jim....." ST-TOS#61