The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 17, 2008, 10:51 PM   #1
ronl

Burris rings

Has anyone tried out the Burris Zee rings? What do you think about them? I am considering them and would like some input.
Old July 17, 2008, 11:27 PM   #2
hoghunting

I have the Signature Zee rings on a couple of my rifles and highly recommend them. Neither the scope or rings have moved or loosened.
Old July 18, 2008, 12:00 AM   #3
sholling

Not that I'm an expert but I'm not impressed with Burris' standard Zee rings. They're just a pain to take off when you need to work on the rifle. On the other hand I have Burris's Signature Zee rings on order for a problem child receiver. The Signature are the standard rings with replaceable inserts that protect the scope's finish and with optional inserts correct windage and elevation problems. If those aren't an issue then I prefer Weaver or better yet Leupold 'PRW' rings. But my favorite mounting system is a DedNutz combination rings and mount (available at Midway).

]
Old August 11, 2008, 02:51 PM   #4
ForneyRider

I have Burris Zee rings with quick detach on my 7mm Magnum.

They work great. I installed them myself on a rifle that had Weaver bases already. I've hunted several times with them and keep my zero and no slippage.

I have some generic rings on my Blackhawk which keep slipping because a screw is stripped. I plan on upgrading to Burris.

Zee are the Weaver base compatible rings.

I highly recommend getting name brang rings.

I like Conetrol, Badger Ordnance, Leupold, Warne, and Weaver as well. Burris has a pretty handy chart for ring size and base needed for most common rifles and their scopes.