The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 8, 2017, 10:52 AM   #1
Venom1956

BUYER BEWARE Seeall open sights not honoring warranty

Hey guys,

I usually don't bother with posts concerning issues with products but I felt this should be disclosed since it should be considered if you decide to purchase their products. Here is info taken directly off their website

"SeeAll Sights are built to last a lifetime! Never worry about dead batteries, fog, rain or even an accidental dip in the river. The See All Nite was built to be bumped, knocked around, and dropped. With added tritium even no light situations are not a problem! "

"30 Day – 100% Money Back Guarantee with original proof of purchase &
Lifetime Replacement on Materials and Workmanship
If the original owner has a part break for any reason, it will be repaired or replaced at no charge."

I ordered an original Seeall open sight to test out the concept and see if I liked how it worked vs a red dot. It seemed to do well and after a few range sessions a part cracked off.

I contacted Seeall to get a replacement and since they were going to send a replacement if I could pay the difference and get the nightsight version. They were ok with that I paid the difference and i received the sight about two weeks ago. I reinstalled it to my rifle and two days ago loaded it up into a soft case for range day. at the range I noticed the exposed glass lens have a chip out of it. no idea when it would've happened. So I contact See all explaining the damage and requesting the lens be repaired.

I get an email back telling me the repair will cost me materials and shipping back to me which I feel is unacceptable and dishonest given the claims they make online.

If a sight can't hold up being installed on a gun for less then a week and be damaged before even firing it. That isn't a gun sight its a science project and I don't feel like its something I can trust or depend on especially considering if further future repairs are required.

If a TRS 25 can stand up to such "abuse" as a soft case and a rifle rack I would assume anything higher priced should be able to as well.

Just a very disheartening interaction with their customer support.

I am just sticking to companies like Vortex and the like who stand behind their warranty claims.

I don't want this to sound like a rage post I am still trying to work with them but until then I have a 200 dollar paperweight.

TLDR: Seeall won't repair my two week old sight under lifetime warranty as listed above or honor the 30 money back guarantee. Potential future owners should be aware
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old August 8, 2017, 11:57 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

Not being able to see all the warranty in your post, I'm wondering if there is more verbage stating something along the lines about customer abuse, neglect, etc. I appreciate what you're saying, but it's still only one side of the story. Having worked as a quality engineer for forty+ years I've seen a lot of odd requests for warranty coverage and a lot of strange damage on returned products. It's sometimes very difficult to tell a customer "NO", because they're always dead certain they are right and a lifetime warranty means refund or replacement regardless of the cause. I do wish you the best of luck with this if it's truly their fault.
Old August 8, 2017, 02:08 PM   #3
Venom1956

that is the entire warranty statement from the site its copy pasted. There is no asterisk and subtext or easily found more detailed info that I could dig up.

I will get it resolved one way or another. I just wanted to let the good folks on TFL of my issue and something to consider. I will eventually get it sorted out for better or worse but sometimes the money you spend on a product isn't just for the product itself but the service behind it. 200 dollars for a night sight that was supposedly super durable and impervious to the elements backed by a lifetime warranty seemed like a solid purchase.

I am not hard on my equipment but I do expect it to work in tough conditions if the need arises clearly this isn't the case

At this point I don't even want a repair, I'd just like my money I paid to upgrade it and ill take the loss on the original sights purchase price. I can't imagine when the third one eventually breaks how fun that repair work will be.

There are better companies and products I can waste my money on.

I would've got much more mileage out of another Vortex Venom for the same cost. Just a disappointment
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old August 10, 2017, 09:08 AM   #4
Venom1956

I am happy to report after quite a few emails that they have agreed to repair it under warranty.

It is great to see them stand behind the product but it gives me serious concerns if something else ends up damaging it and that repair.
Old August 12, 2017, 10:01 AM   #5
Ricklin

Walking the walk

Today we see lots of companies that "talk the talk"

Unfortunately there are fewer the walk the walk when the time comes.

The companies that do both well deserve your business. The companies that don't are brought in to the light of day now, thanks to forums like this for instance.