The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 19, 2021, 02:23 PM   #1
tx_2_pa

Holster feedback - Hybrid + claw

Been away from carrying for a WHILE, accessories have changed a lot.

Recently got a Glock 21, looking for IWB holsters, prefer kydex/hybrid and want to try the claw attachment.

This one (below) looks good just wondering if anything else has a favorite for that gun or that style they can share? My old old favorite holster was Crossbreed or Comp-Tac...might just go back to those.

https://hiddenhybridholsters.com/col...e-appendix-iwb
Old August 19, 2021, 03:57 PM   #2
HistoryJunky

I have bought a lot of different holsters for various guns I have carried.

For appendix specifically, I like the Phlster Pro. I purchased one recently for a Gen 5 Glock 19 and it is the best appendix holster I have owned.

It is all Kydex though. It also has a built in wedge to help push the gun into your body.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old August 20, 2021, 12:26 PM   #3
Pistoler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_2_pa View Post
Been away from carrying for a WHILE, accessories have changed a lot.

Recently got a Glock 21, looking for IWB holsters, prefer kydex/hybrid and want to try the claw attachment.

This one (below) looks good just wondering if anything else has a favorite for that gun or that style they can share? My old old favorite holster was Crossbreed or Comp-Tac...might just go back to those.

https://hiddenhybridholsters.com/col...e-appendix-iwb
I have that very exact holster for a Glock 21. It works great. It rides a little high and the butt of the pistol sometimes prints a little. It is also a little uncomfortable when sitting. But it works.

I posted a thread on this board regarding some missgivings I had about this holster at first. But now I use it often.
Is this holster unsafe?

Another great holster that I alternate for the Glock 21 is the SmartCarry pouch. Rides below the belt line, it is surprisingly comfortable, and GREAT concealment! The draw would be a little slower using this holster.
https://www.smartcarry.com/