The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 4, 2021, 02:17 PM   #1
logeorge

paper revolver cartridges

Somewhere on the internet I saw a video about making paper cartridges for percussion revolvers in which the guy made straight tubes, sealed the bottoms with some sort of red paper and used paper or cardboard wads between the powder and the lubed felt wad to prevent powder contamination by the lube. I believe he used conical bullets. I wanted to go back and re-watch it, since I had to log out to do something else before I had a chance to take any notes. Now I can't find it again. Has anyone here seen it and if so, where the heck is it?
Old March 4, 2021, 02:44 PM   #2
ThomasT

Look here on youtube and there is video after video about making paper cartridges. But it sounds like you are describing the certridges made by Outlawkid over on TheHighRoad forum.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...per+cartridges
Old March 4, 2021, 06:04 PM   #3
logeorge

paper cartridges

I believe you are right. Thanks a lot. I'll check it out. Never could remember stuff, but since I became a geezer, I have an excuse. Maybe not a good one, but an excuse nevertheless. L. O. G.
Old March 4, 2021, 06:37 PM   #4
logeorge

paper cartridges

That was it! It is in the black powder forum on page 2 of the thread: ".31, .36 and .44 ammo box labels". Thanks again. L. O G.
Old March 4, 2021, 07:18 PM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Mike Beliveau (who posts here on occasion, I believe as Duelist 1954) has a good video on making paper cartridges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f5r898zwNE

He also has several YouTube videos about shooting various firearms with paper cartridges.
Jeepaholic