The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old December 29, 2019, 01:44 AM   #26
JERRYS.

I was willing to give the Charter Arms professional a fair shake but no one has one in the case. that's too bad.
Old December 29, 2019, 04:14 AM   #27
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74A95 View Post
How many instances of this do you personally know of?
That's how gun stores work. Unless they have a gunbroker account, they're not going to bother buying an uncommon caliber handgun because they know the ammo isn't cheap or easy to find and most people will not be interested in it and it will sit on their shelf for years unless they can buy it cheap and sell it cheap because even Ruger's that are cheap enough and are chambered in anything will sell.

"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."
Old December 29, 2019, 04:15 AM   #28
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
I was willing to give the Charter Arms professional a fair shake but no one has one in the case. that's too bad.
Until they get their issue with the barrel/front sight fixed, they're not worth messing with.

Old December 29, 2019, 10:12 AM   #29
Doc Holliday 1950

Bought one for my wife & for the first time she started to like shooting. Her's is 1.87" at 17 ounces & I've tried shooting the 327 mag ammo & it's a hand burner. For SD I like the 32 S&W Hornady 80 grain flex tip I also put on CT laser grips for her. I only use the laser when I'm speed drawing. It helps me to hit the target without aiming. The 327 is a great little revolver & very accurate. She's stopped using it do to illness so I carry it or my Glock 43X. Just depends how I feel. I think the going price is around $540.

Doc
Old December 29, 2019, 11:11 AM   #30
74A95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers View Post
That's how gun stores work. Unless they have a gunbroker account, they're not going to bother buying an uncommon caliber handgun because they know the ammo isn't cheap or easy to find and most people will not be interested in it and it will sit on their shelf for years unless they can buy it cheap and sell it cheap because even Ruger's that are cheap enough and are chambered in anything will sell.
So you made it up.
Old December 29, 2019, 03:07 PM   #31
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday 1950 View Post
Bought one for my wife & for the first time she started to like shooting. Her's is 1.87" at 17 ounces & I've tried shooting the 327 mag ammo & it's a hand burner. For SD I like the 32 S&W Hornady 80 grain flex tip I also put on CT laser grips for her. I only use the laser when I'm speed drawing. It helps me to hit the target without aiming. The 327 is a great little revolver & very accurate. She's stopped using it do to illness so I carry it or my Glock 43X. Just depends how I feel. I think the going price is around $540.
do you mean .32 H&R magnum?
Old December 29, 2019, 04:48 PM   #32
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74A95 View Post
So you made it up.
It was a theoretical situation that is very plausible.

Old February 4, 2020, 11:52 PM   #33
contender4040

I have the 327 and 357 LCR revolvers. I only shoot 32 Long, 32 H&R mag, and 38 special in the LCRs. the 327 magnum and 357 magnum are nowadays just too much cartridge for me in a LCR snub.

I have ignored the 32 caliber for decades. I have come to appreciate it the older I get.