The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 9, 2020, 07:58 AM   #76
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
The hand tension spring was broken. The gunsmith got a new spring from Colt and replaced it yesterday.

It worked like it was supposed to in the shop, and through 50 rounds of magnum and 50 specials today, it was great!
Huzzah!! Even if it was your 'dime'...ya got a functional and way fun gun..go hug yer wife again.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 17, 2020, 07:33 PM   #77
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
ok, you decided to have it fixed, locally, and it has been. Who paid the gunsmith?? (for doing what was covered under warranty?)

I paid.

Time is worth more than money in this case. Colt takes months, HNR Gunsmith takes days.

I’m shooting my revolver instead of checking 60-90 days off the calendar.
Old January 17, 2020, 10:10 PM   #78
arquebus357

Good for you. If that beauty was mine I sure as hell would not want it roving about with some delivery service.

Does your wife have a sister ?
Old February 1, 2020, 06:23 PM   #79
BurningAmmo

Colt has been excellent sending labels for return and than reshipping it free. You can send it with their label, no FFL involvement. They will return it better than new no hassle. Why is it people with out any Colt weapons have to always opine negatively? Jealously perhaps?
Old February 3, 2020, 02:14 PM   #80
Bottom Gun

Quote:
Why is it people with out any Colt weapons have to always opine negatively? Jealously perhaps?
I can't speak for the others but in my case, decades of experience with Colt products and Colt "customer service" has caused me to not want to buy another.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.
Old February 3, 2020, 07:03 PM   #81
Brutus

Can't comment on Colt's customer service because of the 5 or 6 Colt semi's and revolvers I've owned I never had to send one back to the mother ship.
Please don't ask me about my experience with Kimber's customer service because I don't feel like typing that long of a rant, but then again they are probably right, breaking MIM parts must be my fault.
Old February 6, 2020, 04:04 PM   #82
Death-Ninja

I ordered in a NIB Colt Combat "Commander" Elite last June specifically to preserve its cosmetics, which swiftly degrade in a LGS display case. The pistol was observed to have extraordinary cosmetic damage direct from the box, including an idiot scratch which was something I had never observed before on a factory fresh 1911.

There were tool marks just under the Colt address and just above the serial number on the right side of the frame, really ugly tool marks! The two tone slide(stainless/ion bond black)had scratches running the entire length of the slide right along the dividing line between the two finishes on both sides of the slide.

Colt was contacted and for two months I could not connect with a human being, 30-40 minutes each morning on hold, and ditto for the afternoon, often I would be on hold for 30 minutes or more and suddenly a recording would play stating that Colt's was now closed for the day!

Ultimately it took a highly detailed letter and the threat of immediate legal action to produce a result, and a doozy it was, Colt after evaluating everything I had experienced and offering their profound apologies hand picked me a new sample direct from the factory floor and we exchanged the two with each other.

This was the first time in 40 years of dealing with Colt's awful customer service wherein they coughed up an entirely new firearm as a replacement for what was obviously a sample which never should have made it off of the conveyor belt, let alone ship from the factory!

I'll be passing on any new Colt wheelguns, Cobra, King Cobra, and especially Pythons....