The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old December 22, 2019, 07:28 PM   #26
P Flados

Aged,

The Iowa DNR allows cartridges on a list and they allow cartridges based on rules.

They have decided it meets the rules and have issued plenty of communication to re-assure 350L hunters.

They understand the concern and plan to update the wording of the rules to be more clear as to why it is ok.

By way, on the Iowa list is 38 super. The 38 super has been made with 0.355" bore and bullets from the beginning.

Do you really think it is "not ok" or have some other reason to question its use.
Old December 22, 2019, 10:34 PM   #27
AgedWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
Aged,

The Iowa DNR allows cartridges on a list and they allow cartridges based on rules.

They have decided it meets the rules and have issued plenty of communication to re-assure 350L hunters.

They understand the concern and plan to update the wording of the rules to be more clear as to why it is ok.

By way, on the Iowa list is 38 super. The 38 super has been made with 0.355" bore and bullets from the beginning.

Do you really think it is "not ok" or have some other reason to question its use.
Just referencing current IowaDNR publications, and I do not see it. I am personally not concerned with it; I use 450 Bushmaster or .44 mag, but I might make an inquiry for official input for the sake of clarity.

Yes, I am aware of 38 Super on the list. I try to be current in Iowa hunting laws...

Last edited by AgedWarrior; December 23, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old December 23, 2019, 08:18 AM   #28
AgedWarrior

Okay, I found the November update. I stand corrected, the 350 Legend is legal for Iowa deer hunting.

Seems to be official as of last month according to the docs I reviewed...may have been earlier, but I cannot see evidence of that. Iowa DNR is not always the best at updating publications.

Last edited by AgedWarrior; December 23, 2019 at 08:24 AM.