The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 19, 2018, 06:57 PM   #1
condor bravo

Posting a photo with photobucket???

I have photobucket and have uploaded some photos but cannot determine what to do next. How do I proceed to post a photo?
Old February 19, 2018, 07:39 PM   #2
GWS

It's pretty simple, just push the picture icon in the post editing screen here and enter the Photobucket picture's "direct link" address, and hit enter. (using cntrl-c to copy from Photobucket, the cntrl-v to paste into this forum's edit screen.) It's harder to word this than to do it!

Then pay your 400 dollars that allows you to post pictures to 3rd parties.........or wait for them to replace your pictures with their infamous "no 3rd party hosting for free" notice that ruined hundreds of thousands of forum and blog threads and posts world wide last summer when they changed their business model to a destruct/self-destruct model.

If you want real free 3rd party hosting go to a site like Postimage.org.

Whatever you do, back up your pictures on DVDs on other "permanent" storage you own...................or even the cloud if you trust google/microsoft/apple etc. to not change their policies to make them richer and you poorer with other blackmail schemes of a similar nature. The "cloud" owns everything you give them. Remember possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Last edited by GWS; February 19, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old February 19, 2018, 08:13 PM   #3
rodfac

I used Postimage to post the pic below...like many, Photobucket's hostage move last year decimated my firearms pic files...once burned, twice smart. Rod

Test image:

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old February 19, 2018, 10:03 PM   #4
res45

Quote:
I have photobucket and have uploaded some photos but cannot determine what to do next. How do I proceed to post a photo?
Copy the IMG link and paste it in your post. I used to use Photobucket before they started the pay to play service out of the blue an wiped out years of photos I had on various forums, I switched to Imgur.

Just in case anyone is interested there is a Photobucket Hotlink Fix add on for both Firefox and Chrome that will allow you to see blocked Photobucket links that are still on the server.

Hotlink Fix. If you didn't delete your account you can see your original post photos and download them via left click.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...=1519095667132
Old February 19, 2018, 10:18 PM   #5
condor bravo

I'm still lost with photobucket. I'm operating from a 4x8 tablet. By copying from IMG link, does that mean to go into the photobucket uploaded photos and copy a photo which contains the file name and paste into the post. Or is more else required like a full path from photobucket to show the origin. What is an example of the path? I've been trying for 3 years to post a photo.
Old February 19, 2018, 11:04 PM   #6
Damon555

You won't be able to post photobucket pictures on sites such as this unless you shell out the 3 or 4 hundred dollars that they want for that service. Don't even bother trying, it won't work.

I use this site..... https://postimg.org
Old February 19, 2018, 11:07 PM   #7
condor bravo

OK, how about Postimage?
Old February 19, 2018, 11:59 PM   #8
rclark

Thanks for the heads up on postimage.org. I need to look into this one. I deleted my photobucket account months ago and haven't posted a picture since.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.
Old February 20, 2018, 11:09 AM   #9
Damon555

Try this out condor......

copy this code [img][/img] and paste the image address between the brackets (you can get the image address by right clicking the picture and selecting "copy image address".

It should look like this:

[img]https://s19.postimg.org/uy9l9nsgz/20171026_110432.jpg[/img]

....If you use the advanced message editor there is a selection at the top that adds the code for you.....simply paste the image address into the box that pops up when you click the "insert image" box.

which will result in this:

Just remember....photobucket will not let you do this. Sign up at the link I provided above and you'll be golden. Another thing to keep in mind is that your image must already be online....you cannot post a link to an image that is just on your computer.

Last edited by Damon555; February 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old February 20, 2018, 03:37 PM   #10
jamaica

I had over 300 pictures on Photobucket, but when they decided they wanted to charge me a monthly fee to host them, for sharing, I deleted all my photos and left them. I couldn't see a way to delete my account, so guess I still have an account there, but no photos on their site. Far as I am concerned, Photobucket is dead and gone!
Old February 20, 2018, 05:07 PM   #11
uncle.45

TEST

Thanks! I have been struggling with posting photos since photobucket went 'south'.
Old February 20, 2018, 05:08 PM   #12
uncle.45

Well, Hell! It didn't work. Sorry!
Old February 20, 2018, 05:12 PM   #13
uncle.45

I Think I Got It!

Thanks!
Old February 20, 2018, 05:13 PM   #14
uncle.45

Sorry Gents! I quit!
Old February 20, 2018, 06:54 PM   #15
GWS

Well uncle......what host are you trying to use? If it's Google Pictures only you can see it.....they don't host to 3rd parties either.

If you are using postimage, then click on your image, click on share, then click on the icon at the end of the "direct link" line. That will "copy" the url so you can paste it. It will look like this:

https://s20.postimg.org/.........................jpg

THEN in the Firing Line edit screen, put your cursor where you want the picture, click the yellow box that has a mountain and sun drawing on it, PASTE (control V) what you copied right over the box with blue "http//" in it.

Last edited by GWS; February 20, 2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old February 20, 2018, 07:03 PM   #16
Capt Rick Hiott

YouTube can help you with good videos on how to do this......
Old February 20, 2018, 07:44 PM   #17
res45

jamaica, if you want to delete your account try this https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...=1519173846895
Old February 20, 2018, 08:49 PM   #18
jamaica

OK, thanks.

Last edited by jamaica; February 20, 2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old February 20, 2018, 09:35 PM   #19
condor bravo

Uncle.45
Sounds like you couldn't make postimg.org work for you. I was successful in making it work for me; see thread Photo Practice.
Old February 20, 2018, 09:49 PM   #20
Jackpro555

Not bad. All of them are gorgeous. As the OP said just click and select photo then upload.
Old February 20, 2018, 10:49 PM   #21
kmw1954

Since the collapse of the Evil Picture Host I have been waiting to see just what all the forums would do to allow picture hosting directly from the computer. Some do now and some still do not.

I also belong to some boating and fishing forums and I lost hundreds of pictures that were imbedded in a topic to help explain a story. W/O the pictures many of those posts are now useless.
Old February 21, 2018, 09:45 AM   #22
uncle.45

Thanks everyone! I'll give imgur a try when I get home later.
Old February 22, 2018, 04:04 PM   #23
uncle.45

Postimage Saves the Day

I finally got a site to work.
I don't claim to be a great shot, but here are some of my reloads at play.

Thanks, gents!