The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old April 7, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1
David Bachelder

MP 45-270-SAA Hollow point mold wait time?

I'm wanting a new mold a 45-270-SAA Hollow point mold by MP. I see they are not currently available. Does any one know the wait time?

I did send an email off the site, but I'm curious if any one might know right off hand.
Old April 7, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Vance

Probably won't be anymore until they do a group buy for the mold over on cast boolits. MiHec makes extra of the group buy runs and when they run out. he doesn't make more until there is another group buy for it.
Old April 7, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Beagle333

You might try a WTB ad in the Swappin and Sellin forum on castboolits.
Quite often guys get in a group buy just to get first dibs on a new mold and then they can decide if they like it. There are a LOT of MP and NOE molds that sell with 500-or-so bullets cast through them before the owner decided he didn't really want in that Group Buy after all.
I picked up a barely used NOE GB mold at a nice price because the buyer didn't want to change his Star setup just to lube the 2-groove bullet, when he mostly shot the 640 profile bullets.
Have a Colt and a smile.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Mike / Tx

Let me know how many you need to try them out and what alloy you want them in, and I think I can be talked into pouring you up a few.

I gotta warn ya though, you will REALLY be wanting one then.

Let me know, I'll be back through in a couple of weeks or so. Heck we rolled through there around 6:30'ish this evening. I don't mind bringing you a box by, something similar to last time.
Old April 9, 2013, 09:23 AM   #5
sidewindr

Almost any MP mold is going to be 1year to 2years wait unless the gb is just about ready to close. Even NOE is a year wait. Quickest would be to have Accurate Molds make one in non-hp and have someone convert it. I do my own and can have a mold in just over a week fro Tom + time to hp it.