The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old January 14, 2017, 02:56 AM   #1
.44RF Express

maker of .44 molds

Hi Guys,
i´m new here and also new o casting bullets.
i was wondering if you could help me find a maker of a custom bullet mold?

i´ve just ordered a chamber reamer and reloading dies for my double rifle
would like to top the package of with my own bullets

/Cheers
Old January 14, 2017, 11:44 AM   #2
oldandslow

Check out Accurate Molds at www.accuratemolds.com. The website lists hundreds of different molds that can be cut to your specs to fit your specific gun. I have 4-5 Accurate molds and each one works great. Delivery time varied between 1-3 weeks. Good luck.

oldandslow
Old January 14, 2017, 01:06 PM   #3
T. O'Heir

"...for my double rifle..." The actual barrel/bullet diameter would make a difference. .44 calibre is a decidedly vague. It use a .427", .429", .430", .446" bullet? Not a lot of .44 calibre rifle cartridges around.
Kind of thinking oldandslow's Accurate molds would be your best bet having looked though.
What's the chamber reamer for? You making the barrel? Just curious.
Old January 14, 2017, 03:40 PM   #4
Unclenick
Staff

Welcome to the forum.

I will put your thread in the casting forum for you.

Check out NEI molds. The ones I've had from them have been good. If you are willing to pay for top quality, LBT is hard to beat.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old January 18, 2017, 05:35 AM   #5
.44RF Express

the bullets i use today are .429 speer deepcurl.

/Roger
Old January 18, 2017, 06:30 PM   #6
Mike / Tx

Welcome to the board.

If your shooting the .429 in jacketed your probably going to want something that drops at least a .430'ish bullet. Getting one that drops something around .432 might not be bad either as it would give you some room for sizing. Just depends on what the exact diameter of your barrel is. In casting fit is king and lube is queen, most of the rest are wildcards.

If you check with Accurate or NEI either will get you going down the right path, and you will have quality bullets from either mold. I have and use both of them along with several others. They are top notch and stand behind their products. They might be a touch more than some but you get what you pay for.

As for Accurate, Tom will work with you on getting exactly what your looking for as long as it isn't a hollow point. If you want those you will need to contact NEI, or if you REALLY like one that is on the Accurate site you can also get it HP'ed by Eric at Hollow Point Molds. Excellent work done by all.

I would also highly suggest looking towards White Label Lubes if your going to use a lube sizer or even if you tumble. Glen pretty much covers the gamut and I have found nothing he sells to be substandard, especially for the price.

We might not know it all here but we get things worked out if we have enough info and know what your trying to accomplish. Most of it is pretty easy once you get started. Feel free to pop back in any ol time and post up whats goin on with your projects.