The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 7, 2015, 11:07 AM   #1
Jdougg92

Help Me Understand 922r Compliance

I have a CZ Scorpion Evo3.
Yesterday I filled out the Form 1 and mailed both it & a check to the ATF in hope before summer is over I'll have my first SBR.

My friend did a similar thing last year but he had a Bushmaster AR rifle lower, waited 4 months, got a stamp and put a 10" Cmmg upper on it.

But apparently it won't be as easy with the Scorpion? It won't be as simple as wait, get approved put on a stock and I have a SBR.

Apparently because the gun was made in the Czech Republic and imported, I'll have to do a lot more or add parts? Is any of that true? And why would that be the case.case.

Last edited by Jdougg92; May 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 7, 2015, 06:00 PM   #2
lee n. field

does 922r apply to handguns?
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 7, 2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Adventurer 2

I own a Scorpion also. Can't shoot it at all in pistol form. The right side safety smashes my knuckle. I want to SBR it. Dont know how. Interested in following this thread. Hope you keep us informed on the process.
Old May 7, 2015, 07:03 PM   #4
Venom1956

afaik sbr it turns it from a pistol into a rifle thus must comply with 922r. CZ has addressed this and will be making USA made parts to swap out in order to allow you to comply with 922r including a US made sidefolder.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old May 8, 2015, 07:43 AM   #5
wogpotter

922(r) is a list of "naughty or evile" foreign made parts. If the part is on the list it counts, if it isn't it doesn't.
You can substitute "non-Evile" (U.S. made) parts for the foreign (evile) ones to get the "parts count" down to the correct quantity for your design.
Unfortunately the "listed" parts are generic & the count varies from gun to gun.

As an example this is the list for the FAL, the only one I'm familiar with to quote.
Quote:
As per 922r the following parts on the FAL qualify:

receiver (upper receiver)
barrel
muzzle attachment
bolt
bolt carrier
operating rod (cocking handle)
gas piston
trigger housing (lower receiver)
trigger
hammer
sear
buttstock
pistol grip
handguard
magazine body
magazine follower
magazine floorplate
If you're "building" an SBR then you have to comply with the parts count for that rifle as 922(r) applies to the builder, not the owner if they are different.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old February 7, 2016, 11:18 AM   #6
Adventurer 2

CZ currently sells a 922r parts kit - which Is always sold out. I don't want the folding stock - want an AR-15 type of stock. Does anyone know what parts I could order from CZ site in order to be 922r compliant for a Scorpion? http://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/s...ol/spare-parts
Old February 7, 2016, 11:18 PM   #7
slugchucker

Or start with this.....

Comes with 922(r) compliant parts all ready to become a SBR!

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-carbine/

Tags
922r , atf , compliance , sbr , scorpion