The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old June 27, 2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Ken Hill

Ruger LCR .357 Magnum Shooting & Review

Do any of you have a Ruger LCR .357 magnum? Are you maybe thinking about possibly buying one? To be honest they are light weight, compact snub nosed revolvers that would be excellent for conceal carry purposes. The .357 magnum shoots both .357 magnum loads and .38 Special loads. The .38 Special rounds shoot through the LCR .357 like a dream. The .357 magnum rounds are a little hot for my likings, but the gun is solid. My mother just recently purchased a Ruger LCR in .357 magnum and we took it out so that her and I could not only shoot her new pistol, but get a quick review video done on it for my YouTube channel as well. If you are thinking of buying the Ruger LCR .357 magnum but are not quite sure if you like the gun or not, do yourself a favor and watch this review. Maybe it will help you make up your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ0eWfdNNv4
Old June 28, 2013, 05:39 AM   #2
DaleA

You might want to include the bullet weight in the video.

I found factory 158 grain .357 unpleasant (as in I'm not going to shoot it) in the LCR. The factory 125 grain .357 was a handful but I will shoot it, just not too much at one time.

I admire you for posting your misses as well as your hits. We all know that through the marvels of video editing you COULD have hit 'every time'.
Old June 28, 2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Dave Chuppa

I have shot and carried one for over and three Years . Some S.D. 357 Ammo is not bad to shoot. PMC 357 JHP was a bit brutal. I cant remember all the different rounds that I have tried. Corbon 357 was not bad so I carry that. 38 and 38+P are sweet shooters and a lot of fun for long shooting sessions. I practice with some 357 reloads I had made up that are not too violent.