The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 2, 2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Arruda navigate

Want 2 hunt

New 2 central Cali Im from big island of Hawaii & really want 2 go on a hog hunt with dogs I am an avid hunter in Hawaii but don't have my dogs up here yet & I am really wanting 2 go on a hunt get 2 know some hog hunters up here ! Thanks & aloha
Old December 3, 2014, 08:01 AM   #2
45_auto

Welcome to the board and good luck!

If you'll read some of the other posts on this board, you'll notice how punctuation and grammar make them much easier to read and understand than what you posted.

I don't know anyone who's so limited on bandwidth here that it's necessary to save characters by substituting numbers for words.
Old December 3, 2014, 08:28 AM   #3
riflemen

Welcome 2 the board , the best way to find hog hunts in your area is the internet, I have never Boar hunted in CA, but Texas, florida, and TN, TN being the best IMO, we were in the cumberland mountains central TN and man was that exciting, I shot a boar, then got charged by 2 at the same time!!! I jump to an atv and one runs by the other looked confused like I disappeared {although my buddy said they were just running from the shot, I felt like I was being chased}, so I gave him a 44-70 for good measure... What a time that was, when i got back to camp I found an open cut/scrape on the back of my calf and ripped pants, it was close, although I am not sure if it was from the animal or jumping on the atv, still fun...

I would start with the ca dept of fish and widlife, get all your licensing and all that bureaucracy out of the way, because I believe they are controlled their and if I am not mistaken most ca pig hunting is on private land, we looked into it once when were having a terrible first week of a 3 week Bear hunt in Oregon {weather, people, and woods in general}, but we ended up sticking it out and that turned into a good trip..

Anyway welcome to the forum, hope this helps you...
Old December 3, 2014, 07:52 PM   #4
doofus47

I don't even know what you want to hunt, but I recommend a .222 or a 22-250...

Welcome aboard (we kid alot on this forum, but it's not personal).
Search on hog in this sub-forum and make some popcorn: There's a lot of good hog hunting threads.