The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old May 18, 2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Fred Garvin

shooting ranges in the springfield, MO area

Any recomendations for a private gun range around the Springfield,Mo area? I'm used to living out west where you could drive a couple of miles out of town
and and shoot. I own ten acres here 20 miles away from Springfield and shot a few rounds,the next thing here comes the lawman saying you're legal but some anal uptight inbred child molesters with a crack cookhouse out back don't like all dem bulleets zoomin around neer dat shine still and acetone pond. Any recommendations?
Old May 18, 2011, 08:20 PM   #2
MOshooter65202

Are there any public shooting ranges in your area? Lot of times located on conservation ground there will be a public shooting range.I'm sure there should be some private shooting ranges around Springfield check with a local gun shop.
I shoot on my farm we have some dirt bermed up for a safe back stop,I have also been thinking about building a bullet trap to save lead and keep bullets from skipping away.With a hard steel plate behind my target at an angle will cause the bullets into the ground or sand pit.I am going to build one just large enough for one target to keep size down so I can keep it portable to move it around and gain 200 plus more yards with a safe back stop.
Old May 19, 2011, 03:35 AM   #3
KenpoTex

In this area, you've got a few public ranges run by the conservation dept.
-Pleasant Hope (North of Springfield), this is where I usually go
-Busiek (just south of Ozark)
-Andy Dalton Shooting Center (near Bois D'Arc, NW of Springfield)

There's also the "Sound of Freedom" indoor range in Ozark (CC/J exit) and the indoor range at Bass Pro

I believe there are private ranges in Strafford, Marshfield, and Billings, but don't quote me on that.

You're nicer than I am, evidently...if I was on my own land and shooting at a reasonable hour of the day, my neighbors could go F...um, fly a kite if they didn't like it.

Matt K.