The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 8, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1
EdInk

I am NEVER buying an ATI product again!

I just got off the phone with American Tactical Imports regarding my GSG-5 that has been having FTE issues. They informed me that it is past the 2 year warranty period. Their records show it was purchased in June 2009. However, it was put in layaway in June and picked up in November 2009. Regardless, it is now just the first week of September AND I have sent them THREE emails since July, none of which got a reply from anyone!

In all fairness, the customer service guy said if I could fax him a receipt showing I didn't take deliver until November, it would be a warranty repair.

So, I have to go home and see of I can rummage around and find the original receipt from November 2009. However, if I cannot find it I will have to pay full price for any repairs on a gun that (purchased NIB) is according to their (incorrect) records is a lousy two months past the warranty period.

I understand the limited warranty time period but a lousy two months, of which I have been trying to contact them for 1 1/2 months, is bit crappy!

We'll see how it goes once I find my receipt (or get my LGS to print me a new copy) BUT right now I'm not too pleased with ATI.

It's a shame because I like the little rifle (and have spent a ton on extra OEM magazines) BUT if it won't even last for two years, I don't think it's for me anymore.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Sarge

Edited: Whoops, wrong gun. I'll shut up now.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:36 PM   #3
a.lol.cat

Just a point of reference with regards to the "original" GSG-5. Don't shoot Remington(gold?) 525 bulk pack .22 in it. Mine had a barrel failure in the first 2000 rounds I fired through it. They seem to think that there are some QC problems with Remington's .22 and advised me not to shoot it. They did a full warranty with mine but it was obviously in the first 6 months of me owing it.
Old September 9, 2011, 06:52 PM   #4
dogtown tom

Quote:
EdInk I just got off the phone with American Tactical Imports regarding my GSG-5 that has been having FTE issues. They informed me that it is past the 2 year warranty period. Their records show it was purchased in June 2009. However, it was put in layaway in June and picked up in November 2009....
I doubt ATI has ANY documentation showing the actual date of purchase UNLESS you submitted a warranty card with that information.

Your dealer will be able to give you a copy of your 4473 that shows the actual date that you took possession of the firearm.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Last edited by dogtown tom; September 10, 2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old September 10, 2011, 08:07 PM   #5
FrosSsT

I never had a problem with anything I bought from ATI. Some of their things have some pretty mixed reviews, but the things that I have bought from them are great.