The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 8, 2018, 04:52 AM   #26
ms6852

I use mine as a backup in 22 magnum.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?vi...electedIndex=7
Old February 8, 2018, 10:15 AM   #27
Laz

I used to have a Black Widow Convertible fitted with the small wooden boot grips of the standard mini. Great gun. I now only have a regular magnum with the 1 5/8 inch barrel. I’m seriously thinking of getting either another Black Widow or, more likely, the 2.5 inch Sheriff:
https://northamericanarms.com/shop/f...naa-1860-250c/

“Men strive for the cup of water that slips through their fingers, but those who follow Yeshua the Christ live for the endless expanse of sea.”
Old February 9, 2018, 10:24 PM   #28
montanaoffroader

I have a Sidewinder .22 mag, it is always in my pocket no matter what else I may be carrying at the moment.

My brothers have NAA revolvers, a Mini and a Black Widow. Also, my dad carried a Black Widow up until the day he passed. I guess we are an NAA family.
Old February 10, 2018, 09:38 PM   #29
Triggernosis

I make some pretty holsters for 'em.
https://imgur.com/3PQOkRv
Naa minis https://imgur.com/gallery/xwqpS

Last edited by Triggernosis; February 10, 2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old February 11, 2018, 01:37 AM   #30
9mm

They grow on you, last year I got one and recently picked up the Pug.
The shop originally ordered the wrong one so I am stuck with a 1 5/8 barrel but it works and I like it. Lock up is very tight only put about 50 rounds through it so far. I don't want to shoot this little one up a lot to wear it out. Gunswebsites showed one in his video and it was very loose after 1,000's of rounds? These are self defense tools not range toys all the time. The pug I have not shot yet but it's a bit bigger with combo 22mag/22lr and glow in the dark front sight. I really like the pug over my 1 5/8th barrel mini 22lr. It's more beefy (wider just a bit) I still wouldn't want to be shooting 100's of rounds through these. I just want to get around 100-200 rounds out of each to know how they function.

I heard theres a top break model but I can't find any in stock. That's on my wish list for Christmas.
Old February 11, 2018, 10:26 AM   #31
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggernosis View Post
I make some pretty holsters for 'em.

https://imgur.com/3PQOkRv

Naa minis https://imgur.com/gallery/xwqpS

Very impressive. I love the tanning and accents.

Since it’s single action, I want a holster that I can pull from the pocket quickly.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD
Old February 11, 2018, 10:30 AM   #32
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
They grow on you, last year I got one and recently picked up the Pug.

The shop originally ordered the wrong one so I am stuck with a 1 5/8 barrel but it works and I like it. Lock up is very tight only put about 50 rounds through it so far. I don't want to shoot this little one up a lot to wear it out. Gunswebsites showed one in his video and it was very loose after 1,000's of rounds? These are self defense tools not range toys all the time. The pug I have not shot yet but it's a bit bigger with combo 22mag/22lr and glow in the dark front sight. I really like the pug over my 1 5/8th barrel mini 22lr. It's more beefy (wider just a bit) I still wouldn't want to be shooting 100's of rounds through these. I just want to get around 100-200 rounds out of each to know how they function.

I heard theres a top break model but I can't find any in stock. That's on my wish list for Christmas.

I have shot over a thousand rounds in one and a couple of hundred in the other.

The only thing I read is that the spring may need to be replace after 5000 rounds.

Because it’s a tiny gun, I practice to test its limits and my abilities on how far/fast I can shoot it. One handed point shooting, I can hit out to 10 yards easily. Beyond that it’s going to require aiming.

Old February 11, 2018, 10:57 AM   #33
Triggernosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
Very impressive. I love the tanning and accents.

Since it’s single action, I want a holster that I can pull from the pocket quickly.

The holsters I posted pictures of are crossdraw with a thumb break. The "flap" secures them to the belt.
Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfEBv57D8U0/

Last edited by Triggernosis; February 11, 2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old February 11, 2018, 09:21 PM   #34
franco45

I love my minis. I currently own 3 Sidewinder's, a 2.5" and 2 of the 1.5" models. I also have a Black Widow. I often carry one or two of them at a time. I always have one as a backup no matter what else I'm carrying.
Old February 11, 2018, 11:05 PM   #35
1MoreFord

Mine's the .22LR version loaded with CCI Mini Mags. Very discrete carry and better than a sharp stick for self defense.
Old February 13, 2018, 11:40 AM   #36
bassJAM1

Quote:
I'm quite familiar with Trooper Coates' death.

do not confuse the effectiveness of a round with the effectiveness of the gun. by today's standards the NAA guns are not effective or efficient, though they are well made. the .22lr/.22mag effectiveness also depends upon what its compared to.
Why would it be less effective today, are humans tougher than in years' past?
Compared to a modern 9mm defense load I totally agree that a .22 is less effective, but less effective is not the same as "not effective"

I regularly carry my .22lr with the 1-1/8" barrel when I'm at home. Sometimes I even leave the house with it when even my LCP is too big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAA Mini.jpg (128.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg NAA Mini2.jpg (164.9 KB, 22 views)
Old February 13, 2018, 08:50 PM   #37
JERRYS.

Quote:
Why would it be less effective today, are humans tougher than in years' past?
Compared to a modern 9mm defense load I totally agree that a .22 is less effective, but less effective is not the same as "not effective"
in the day when a two shot derringer in .22xyz was about as small as you could go a 5 shot S/A mini revolver was effective in comparison. not so compared to its competition today. the NAA mini revolvers are slow into action and slow to reload compared to what they have to compete against. that's what I mean.
Old February 13, 2018, 11:04 PM   #38
Doc Holliday 1950

My wife love's her 5 shot 22 in magnum revolver by AA. She doesn't leave home without it is like her American Express Card.

Doc
Old February 14, 2018, 02:26 PM   #39
OldMarksman
Staff

I would be interested in knowing how well people can draw the gun quickly and fire several shots very quickly with combat accuracy.
Old February 14, 2018, 04:35 PM   #40
bassJAM1

Quote:
I would be interested in knowing how well people can draw the gun quickly and fire several shots very quickly with combat accuracy.
Depends on what you call combat accurate. Within 3 feet I'm going to hit what I need to. The gun is capable of longer shots, but it requires holding the gun in my strong hand, having time to line of the front sight with the top ridge of the barrel, and then pulling the trigger with the index finger on my weak hand .

Since I consider these to be belly guns, I practice a draw and fire with one hand at arms length distances.
Old February 14, 2018, 04:48 PM   #41
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Depends on what you call combat accurate.
Upper chest, or maybe the top of a shoe box, at a target moving at five meters per second starting from three or four meters out, multiple hits before the target gets to arms length.
Old February 14, 2018, 10:06 PM   #42
JERRYS.

^^^ ain't gonna happen.

these "belly guns" are good for if some drunk is pounding you into applesauce with is bear hands. if the bad guy is armed with even a .25acp semi-auto you will be at a firearm disadvantage.
Old February 15, 2018, 12:21 PM   #43
bassJAM1

Quote:
Upper chest, or maybe the top of a shoe box, at a target moving at five meters per second starting from three or four meters out, multiple hits before the target gets to arms length.
Seeing as how the average draw and fire time for someone who practices is probably around 1.5-2 seconds, not many people are going to get ANY shots off with your criteria regardless of their handgun choice, since you're leaving them with less than a second to do so.