The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 4, 2001, 10:40 PM   #1
Corey

Modifications to IPSC pistol

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with figuring out what modifications can be done to a IPSC pistol that will be shot in standard class. I am wondering whether shock buffers and a nose piece for the beretta 92f can be used. I was also wondering if there are any mag well guides for the Beretta 92f. Any help would be appreciated
Old December 5, 2001, 11:11 AM   #2
stick

For the exact equipment rules check the USPSA web site. In short standard class does not allow optics, compensators, ports or external weights. The weapon must fit in the "box". 40cal is minimum for major.

Avoid shock buffs, they can shorten the slide stroke leading to ejection/feeding problems. They will break down over time as well.

As for recommended mods: trigger job. Unless you have problems feeding the ammo you want to shoot don't worry about ramp/throat work.

Beyond this, take the money you would have used on mods and enroll in a class from one of the competitive instructors (Burkett, Voigt, Leatham,...).

Msot important: Have fun and enjoy a wonderful game.