The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 9, 2010, 02:18 PM   #26
Nite Ryder

Rusty Ruger

According to Ruger employee's I've visited with at the Shot Show, Ruger doesn't only do castings for themselves, they cast for many other firearms manufacturing companies. And the Shot Show has a display showing some of their castings. I own 21 Single Action Rugers, and several of their semi auto 22's, but no big bore semi auto's made by Ruger. Of the single actions, I have two stainless steel ROA and one which is blued. I have conversion cylinders for all three guns, and have used both SS guns with the cylinders, but not the blued model. I've owned these guns since 1984 and no pitting is apparent of any of them.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:32 AM   #27
andrewstorm

21 rugers salute!

by golly i wanna be just like u when i grow up,and i dont want none of my guns rusty either,so im sending my ss ruger to the experts at sturm ruger co.god bless america

Last edited by andrewstorm; May 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old May 14, 2010, 09:29 AM   #28
andrewstorm

Investment castings ?

Today at the ruger site,I discovered INvestment castings, a pair of ruger alaskan revolvers,fresh out of the mold,wow who knew bill was a pioneer in that field too,they do list a 17-4 ph steel heated to 44 rb hardness,pretty hard,pine tree castings,part of the ruger family,check it out ruger.com

Last edited by andrewstorm; May 14, 2010 at 09:58 PM.