The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 5, 2005, 10:59 AM   #51
IZinterrogator

Thanks Eghad, now the next time I take a ninja pic like that, I'm going to have to bust out the camo sticks and borrow some camo netting from work just to keep you happy.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old November 5, 2005, 05:56 PM   #52
IZinterrogator

Found an old photo where I was camoed up

So don't think I won't do it!

Taken at JRTC back in February 2001 if you were wondering why I'm an E-4 instead of an E-6 in the photo.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old November 5, 2005, 07:00 PM   #53
Eghad

better, but you just dont have the ninjatude Spiff has plus you look like your happy... ninjas are not supposed to be happy.....

-10 for joo and + 10 for Spiff

NRA Life Member
Old November 5, 2005, 07:07 PM   #54
IZinterrogator

Of course I was happy. You may note that I have an M4 with 'da switch' in my hands.

Happiness is a selector switch that rotates past semi.
Old November 5, 2005, 10:25 PM   #55
Eghad

Where is your War Face I see no war Face

Spiff has a war face on like a true ninja......

NRA Life Member
Old November 5, 2005, 11:16 PM   #56
yorec

Points off for using blanks!! But the adaptor's camoed too... Add a point back.

(Bet that was a fun day, I won't knock the grin - even ninjas can enjoy thier work...)
Old November 6, 2005, 01:02 AM   #57
IZinterrogator

You can't even see Spiff's face under the balaclava, I bet he's grinning like an idiot!

And that is a MILES transmitter on the barrel, the blank adaptor is the yellow thing in front. Real rounds would be better, but not when the enemy is actually the 1/509th PIR from Fort Polk.
Old November 6, 2005, 01:24 AM   #58
Brick

OK-

So...Wait: What's going on here?

Old November 6, 2005, 03:51 AM   #59
Eghad

"And that is a MILES transmitter on the barrel, the blank adaptor is the yellow thing in front. Real rounds would be better, but not when the enemy is actually the 1/509th PIR from Fort Polk."

blank adapter thingy? Miles? what are those

NRA Life Member
Old November 6, 2005, 04:27 AM   #60
IZinterrogator

Ha! I know you're lying, you were in the military! For the neophytes out there, the blank adapter is a vented plug which lets enough gas pressure build up to let the weapon fire in semi and burst mode when using blanks. Without it, you have a single-shot rifle that must be cocked everytime it is fired. MILES is the military version of Laser Tag, so when we fight simulated battles, we know who got shot (there is a new digital version out that I'm using this week that shows who shot who and can track the battle via GPS technology, but the vest is soooo heavy compared to the old one).
Old November 6, 2005, 06:56 AM   #61
czc3513

Very funny.
Sounds fun IZ.

Last edited by czc3513; November 7, 2005 at 05:19 AM.
Old November 6, 2005, 09:05 AM   #62
Hunter Rose

Location: 30 miles from Everywhere, right in the middle of Nowhere...
>Happiness is a selector switch that rotates past semi.<

I mentioned this line to Spoon, and ahe agrees...
Old November 6, 2005, 09:26 PM   #63
spacemanspiff

Quote:
You can't even see Spiff's face under the balaclava, I bet he's grinning like an idiot
no way! i was like, so wearing my game face. it was a long day of work, and whoever brought lunch forgot to bring sodas so i was totally parched. and theres nothing like a dry ninja!
i slay the myth that fatties are jolly people. oops i mean
Old November 6, 2005, 09:53 PM   #64
IZinterrogator

And how exactly does suiting up for a ninja photo count as work, Spiff?
Old November 7, 2005, 12:00 AM   #65
spacemanspiff

well it was on halloween weekend...
Old November 7, 2005, 05:27 AM   #66
IZinterrogator

Please tell me you didn't answer the door for the trick-or-treaters dressed like that....
Old November 7, 2005, 06:16 AM   #67
legacy94

spiff,seeing your pic reminds me so much of that movie chris farley was in(of course now i can't remember the name)
ultra funny movie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Part 1 Article 2-A Bearing Arms.
All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.
Old November 7, 2005, 11:58 AM   #68
john in jax

I would not hesitate to follow you into a gunfight . . .you'd make excellent cover :-)
Old November 7, 2005, 12:28 PM   #69
spacemanspiff

just remember to spin me around when they start firing the larger calibers at us. thats where my trauma plate is.
Old November 7, 2005, 12:50 PM   #70
swmike

The larger the "Mass", the larger the "Center of Mass". How could one miss that target? Or is it just 4-5 layers of body armor?

"In God we trust, all others are suspects."

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, either I won't need any more, or more won't be of any help".