The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 20, 2001, 11:17 PM   #1
Shmackey

Pelican Case Size Recommendation

I'm looking into a Pelican case to hold two pistols (a competition .22 and a 1911). This is mostly for storage and trips to the range; these are target guns. I plan to keep ammunition separate, so the case will hold the pistols, mags, and some accessories. At most, I might wind up adding a third, small pistol like a PPK or .357 revolver.

The Pelican 1450 looks about right. I don't want it to be unwieldy but I do want it to hold everything. In fact, I was thinking about the 1400 until I remembered that it'd be nice to be able to toss the PPK in there. Does anyone have any experiences with Pelican sizes?

This whole setup is interim; at some point, if I keep improving, I'll get a proper competition box. Then again, the Pelican would still be good for storage.
Old October 21, 2001, 06:19 PM   #2
AlanD

Two full size 1911s easily fit in my Pelican 1200 case I find Pelican cases work well for handgun, rifle and ammo storage.
Old October 22, 2001, 12:57 AM   #3
landshark

I like the 1470 because it is thinner. I keep a Sig P229 and a Sig P226 with 2 extra mags for each in one. It fits great.

Last edited by landshark; October 23, 2001 at 12:23 PM.