The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 2, 2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Fatum1965

AR10 Build and Guidance

I am very new to the forum and am also very new to civilian life after receiving my MedSep about a month ago. After getting out I wanted to build my dream rifle. I was a hard knock entry guy while in the military and love cqc type training. I recently purchased the new LWRC CSASS and want to keep building on it as a hybrid type weapon so I can enjoy close quarter style engagement training as well as have something that can reach out. I'm also focusing on an urban type terrain. Any input/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I did have some specific questions for you all; I will be installing the Dueck Defense RTSs but was also considering using there red dot attachment with an aimpoint T2 1/3 cowitness. As its urban I'm not too worried about fogging if I had to use the irons alone but I am conserned about overall weight. The main sight has been another on the fence option for me. Either a 1-x (short dot style) or 3/5-X (precision style) scope. I've been looking at Steiner or Schmidt and Bender Short Dot as options as I'm familiar with there use. Last major question is ammunition. For my own guns I only feed them the best. I still really enjoy the 7.62x51 loads but haven't had much luck and finding match quality ammunition. This post may be all over the place but I am excited about this build and anything would be fantastic. Hoping to see a lot of your ideas with reasoning as well to help me in this build. No limit on expense, whatever works the best is what I'll choose.
Old June 2, 2017, 11:05 PM   #2
gshayd

Are you a member of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)?

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C308FGMM2-200

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/. Sounds like you meet the requirements being a veteran. If you have any questions give them a call and the nice people there will fix you up.

Last edited by gshayd; June 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old June 3, 2017, 10:26 AM   #3
Fatum1965

I am not thank you