The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2019, 05:03 PM   #26
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte S+W View Post
Could be worse, the Glock would be like the Taurus Judge in which the mere mention of it induces temporary insanity upon certain folks, causing them to ramble incoherently about it, making outragous claims like it being completely non-lethal even if you use .45s because apparently the Judge has the magical ability to bend the laws of physics, thus rendering otherwise legendary cartridges like .45 Long Colt completely ineffective, debating anyone feverishly who dares to suggest that it has any use whatsoever in self-defense, and cherry-pick every negative review, test, or article they can find in a desperate attempt to justify their rage-induced hysteria. Or better yet, if they're a moderator, they'll actually rage-lock any thread on the Judge if it receives too many positive responses, complete with some absurd excuse like they're doing it to uphold the quality of the forum and prevent the spread of misinformation.
That is hilarious what you said about the Judge. I haven't seen that rage induced hysteria yet but that is hilarious if a moderator locks a thread because of too many good comments. lol

I am wondering if glock is coming out with a revolver... SD of course. Not sure if I would get one because of how many I already have, but I'd like to see that at some point. I'm sure it will be deemed ugly like the others. I don't see what is so great looking about other semi autos though... I only find revolvers to be things of beauty.
American Man is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 08:10 AM   #27
USNRet93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
"Legendary"?? What about a Glock could be considered legendary?

Maybe they are going to blow the dust off the old tooling and do a run
of the original Gen 1 pencil barrel G17's??
First commercially successful poly striker?
Quote:
I am impressed with how much they hurt some people's feelings though... it's like kryptonite for some people with their egos high in the sky
HA..ever been to a car show? Motorcycle show? Bicycle show(I owned a bicycle shop)..putnameofcompetingproducthere show?

No different. When ya slam a product, you also 'slam' the buyer, cuz he made that 'decision...But..who cares..carry, use, what makes ya 'happy'...

BTW-I don't carry a sig cuz they suck..

NOTE->

4 days and then a whole new thread about whatever it is...good, bad, ugly..
__________________
PhormerPhantomPhlyer

"Tools not Trophies”

Last edited by USNRet93; December 6, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
USNRet93 is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 09:58 AM   #28
Forte S+W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2019
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Man
That is hilarious what you said about the Judge. I haven't seen that rage induced hysteria yet but that is hilarious if a moderator locks a thread because of too many good comments. lol
Yep, I've seen it happen multiple times across a variety of forums. A running joke I have about the Judge is that while its detractors love to accuse those who like it of exaggerating its capabilities, one very special almost magical ability it possesses is to turn otherwise intelligent, logical, eloquent and experienced individuals into raging, incoherent, rambling buffoons.
Seriously, I've seen folks get so worked up over it that they actually begin getting into arguments with themselves preemptively over statements which haven't even been made yet. They'll put words in other posters mouths, making absurd comments which honestly say more about them than the folks they're arguing with too.

And yes, I've honestly seen moderators lock threads on the Judge if the gun gets too many positive comments about it. I won't name any names, but if you Google search for threads on the Taurus Judge, you're bound to find some examples of what I'm talking about. One forum in particular that I can think of has a resident moderator who hates the Judge so much that he'll outright insult the intelligence of anybody who likes it, gleefully participates in threads which blatantly bash the Judge regardless of the fact that such is against the forum's rules, and will quickly lock any thread on the Judge which gains too many positive responses, often accompanied by a post stating that the thread has been closed because to praise the Judge is to spread harmful misinformation which could cost people their lives by convincing them to buy one for self-defense in spite of the fact that it's ineffective, prone to catastrophic failure, and isn't recommended by any professionals.
__________________
I know that Balistics Gel is merely a tissue simulent, but until the day comes in which convicted registered sex offenders are put to good use as a testing medium for ballistics, it's the best we've got. Besides, Ballistics Gel is probably the closest thing to the sort of human sludge that typically requires the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Forte S+W is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 12:50 PM   #29
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
First commercially successful poly striker?


HA..ever been to a car show? Motorcycle show? Bicycle show(I owned a bicycle shop)..putnameofcompetingproducthere show?

No different. When ya slam a product, you also 'slam' the buyer, cuz he made that 'decision...But..who cares..carry, use, what makes ya 'happy'...

BTW-I don't carry a sig cuz they suck..

NOTE->

4 days and then a whole new thread about whatever it is...good, bad, ugly..
Well, I'm aware of the Ford, Dodge and Chevy fued... not that I understand it. I am not easily influenced into thinking highly of anything unless I have some experience with it. But it's almost like some blind obedience to an ideology when it comes to bashing things for some people. My ruger pc9 sucks... because it fails to go into battery half the time. I can't see bashing every one of them or a whole line of pistols that people have great success with... seems like they have to just be idiots to say that.

But I am stumped on this new Legendary product coming out. If it's not a 10mm PCC then it probably won't be a big deal to me.
American Man is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 12:55 PM   #30
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte S+W View Post
Yep, I've seen it happen multiple times across a variety of forums. A running joke I have about the Judge is that while its detractors love to accuse those who like it of exaggerating its capabilities, one very special almost magical ability it possesses is to turn otherwise intelligent, logical, eloquent and experienced individuals into raging, incoherent, rambling buffoons.
Seriously, I've seen folks get so worked up over it that they actually begin getting into arguments with themselves preemptively over statements which haven't even been made yet. They'll put words in other posters mouths, making absurd comments which honestly say more about them than the folks they're arguing with too.

And yes, I've honestly seen moderators lock threads on the Judge if the gun gets too many positive comments about it. I won't name any names, but if you Google search for threads on the Taurus Judge, you're bound to find some examples of what I'm talking about. One forum in particular that I can think of has a resident moderator who hates the Judge so much that he'll outright insult the intelligence of anybody who likes it, gleefully participates in threads which blatantly bash the Judge regardless of the fact that such is against the forum's rules, and will quickly lock any thread on the Judge which gains too many positive responses, often accompanied by a post stating that the thread has been closed because to praise the Judge is to spread harmful misinformation which could cost people their lives by convincing them to buy one for self-defense in spite of the fact that it's ineffective, prone to catastrophic failure, and isn't recommended by any professionals.
I'm going to have to look some of those up later. I am laughing my butt off over this. I can just picture it now. My friend in one of the ABC agencies has 2 of them and he loves them for some reason. I'm like, you can get some nice 357s or 44s instead... there so damn big and bulky. But he loves them. lol
American Man is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 02:17 PM   #31
TailGator
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 8, 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,659
I'm kind of amused at attaching the adjective "legendary" to a product that hasn't been introduced yet. Doesn't it have to have a reputation to be legendary? And since it isn't out yet, it can't . . .

Oh, well, we will see soon enough what the instant legend is, I suppose.
TailGator is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 04:21 PM   #32
Forte S+W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2019
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Man
Well, I'm aware of the Ford, Dodge and Chevy fued... not that I understand it. I am not easily influenced into thinking highly of anything unless I have some experience with it. But it's almost like some blind obedience to an ideology when it comes to bashing things for some people. My ruger pc9 sucks... because it fails to go into battery half the time. I can't see bashing every one of them or a whole line of pistols that people have great success with... seems like they have to just be idiots to say that.

But I am stumped on this new Legendary product coming out. If it's not a 10mm PCC then it probably won't be a big deal to me.
Congratulations, you are a logical, free-thinking, independent man in a world of illogical sycophants who are utterly reliant upon the approval of others in order to function.

Unfortunately, most folks need to feel like they're a part of something bigger, it gives them confidence, as it should considering that there is strength in numbers, but some folks just take it too far and feel the need to fight for whatever they've associated themselves with to the point that they'll pick fights by putting down anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Man
I'm going to have to look some of those up later. I am laughing my butt off over this. I can just picture it now. My friend in one of the ABC agencies has 2 of them and he loves them for some reason. I'm like, you can get some nice 357s or 44s instead... there so damn big and bulky. But he loves them. lol
Just you wait and see. If anything I'm downplaying it a little because I'm simply incapable of describing the complete absence of reason and order in their reactions. They really do say things that are completely insane which pretty much amount to; "You gotta understand, the Judge was so poorly designed that it angered Daedalus who then put a curse on it which causes it to disobey the laws of physics, and therefore the firearm is so inaccurate that it is incapable of hitting anything outside of point blank range and with barely enough force to break the skin! It doesn't matter if .45 Long Colt itself has a long and storied reputation as a man-stopper, once it enters the cylinder of the Judge the curse takes hold of the cartridge as well, thus renderinging it completely non-lethal! You can honestly attain greater accuracy, stability, range, and energy by launching a .45 bullet from a slingshot! Considered yourself warned!"
Then someone else will chime in to say something equally absurd which might as well be; "Not only that, but also one out of a hundred Judges will violently explode when you pull the trigger. I know this from experience because I was at a gunshop handling a Judge, then when I dry-fired it the gun exploded, leveling the building, killing me and everyone else inside."

Of course, now I am exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but you'll be surprised at just how crazy the Judge drives haters. For example, I have actually seen Smith & Wesson Fanboys go full hater after the Governor was released because they claim that's proof that they only care about money and are willing to endanger the lives of innocent people by selling them a gun that is apparently so inherently flawed that even their darling S&W couldn't realistically improve upon it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, so that's enough on that.

A Glock Revolver would be a sight to see. Ruger and Taurus make polymer-framed Revolvers, so evidently it can be done, and it would be interesting to see what a Revolver with Glock's utilitarian aesthetics would look like. I picture it looking like something along the lines of a cross between a Charter Arms Pitbull, a Chiappa Rhino, and a Kimber K6.
__________________
I know that Balistics Gel is merely a tissue simulent, but until the day comes in which convicted registered sex offenders are put to good use as a testing medium for ballistics, it's the best we've got. Besides, Ballistics Gel is probably the closest thing to the sort of human sludge that typically requires the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Forte S+W is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 07:50 PM   #33
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte S+W View Post
Congratulations, you are a logical, free-thinking, independent man in a world of illogical sycophants who are utterly reliant upon the approval of others in order to function.

Unfortunately, most folks need to feel like they're a part of something bigger, it gives them confidence, as it should considering that there is strength in numbers, but some folks just take it too far and feel the need to fight for whatever they've associated themselves with to the point that they'll pick fights by putting down anything else



Just you wait and see. If anything I'm downplaying it a little because I'm simply incapable of describing the complete absence of reason and order in their reactions. They really do say things that are completely insane which pretty much amount to; "You gotta understand, the Judge was so poorly designed that it angered Daedalus who then put a curse on it which causes it to disobey the laws of physics, and therefore the firearm is so inaccurate that it is incapable of hitting anything outside of point blank range and with barely enough force to break the skin! It doesn't matter if .45 Long Colt itself has a long and storied reputation as a man-stopper, once it enters the cylinder of the Judge the curse takes hold of the cartridge as well, thus renderinging it completely non-lethal! You can honestly attain greater accuracy, stability, range, and energy by launching a .45 bullet from a slingshot! Considered yourself warned!"
Then someone else will chime in to say something equally absurd which might as well be; "Not only that, but also one out of a hundred Judges will violently explode when you pull the trigger. I know this from experience because I was at a gunshop handling a Judge, then when I dry-fired it the gun exploded, leveling the building, killing me and everyone else inside."

Of course, now I am exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but you'll be surprised at just how crazy the Judge drives haters. For example, I have actually seen Smith & Wesson Fanboys go full hater after the Governor was released because they claim that's proof that they only care about money and are willing to endanger the lives of innocent people by selling them a gun that is apparently so inherently flawed that even their darling S&W couldn't realistically improve upon it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, so that's enough on that.

A Glock Revolver would be a sight to see. Ruger and Taurus make polymer-framed Revolvers, so evidently it can be done, and it would be interesting to see what a Revolver with Glock's utilitarian aesthetics would look like. I picture it looking like something along the lines of a cross between a Charter Arms Pitbull, a Chiappa Rhino, and a Kimber K6.
You'd figure no one would talk down a stout 45LC, regardless of the design. You definitely laid out the ideological craze a lot funnier than I could. Man, it would be so funny if a few days from now, glock introduced the glock version of the Judge. lol it would be called the Mayor... or the Bailiff.

A design I would like, which I'm sure 99.999% of the rest of the world would not like, would be a 26 slide with a 17 frame/grip. I know people are cringing.. and rightfully so. lol But that is my favorite grip. My hand fits the 21 and 20 very good too and my hands are not that big. I wonder if 10 years from now I'll have the same hand strength... I hope.
American Man is offline  
Old December 6, 2019, 09:16 PM   #34
Forte S+W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2019
Posts: 149
C'mon, it's Glock we're talking about here, they'd call it the Glock God, chambered in .45 (no initials because Glock doesn't do that) and .410 Bore with Moon Clips for .45 GAP. Then all the haters of Taurus, the Judge, Glock, and Abrahamic Religion could all come together to form a group so criminally insane that it becomes labeled as a terrorist organization by the DHS.

I just thought of something, maybe Glock wants to enter the ultralight .380 Pocket Pistol market with the smallest Glock model yet. They can call it the Glock 50AE (AE stands for Ant Eater) to continue the trend of random, confusing, and misleading nomenclature. Seriously though, granted that isn't "legendary" by any definition of the word, but that could be it.

Personally, I'd actually like to see Glock come out with pistols with a stronger focus on aesthetic appeal. It would be "legendary" indeed if Glock were to shock the world with the introduction of pistols which are not only rock-solid reliable, but drop-dead gorgeous to boot.
__________________
I know that Balistics Gel is merely a tissue simulent, but until the day comes in which convicted registered sex offenders are put to good use as a testing medium for ballistics, it's the best we've got. Besides, Ballistics Gel is probably the closest thing to the sort of human sludge that typically requires the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Forte S+W is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 01:07 AM   #35
bamaranger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 9, 2009
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 6,986
I know.........

The new Glock.

All steel, external hammer, manual safety. The Glock11.
bamaranger is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 06:47 AM   #36
Boxer 9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 5, 2019
Posts: 2
Wow. I'm new to this forum, always heard good things. But two pages of children bashing a very popular handgun. I dont care what you shoot or how much you like its some immature crap going on when you cant even have a decent conversation about a popular pistol without a bunch of silliness.

Is this how it always is here? SMH
Boxer 9 is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 07:53 AM   #37
USNRet93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
would be a 26 slide with a 17 frame/grip.
I 'essentially' have that. A G19 15R magazine and one of those 'sleeves' to make it feel like a full width grip. I could do the same with a G-17 magazine same 'sleeve'...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3DLYt.jpg (129.9 KB, 8 views)
__________________
PhormerPhantomPhlyer

"Tools not Trophies”
USNRet93 is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 07:56 AM   #38
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer 9 View Post
Wow. I'm new to this forum, always heard good things. But two pages of children bashing a very popular handgun. I dont care what you shoot or how much you like its some immature crap going on when you cant even have a decent conversation about a popular pistol without a bunch of silliness.

Is this how it always is here? SMH
No... that is not how it always is on here. I'm not a fanboy of anything... except maybe revolvers from S&W and Ruger. I don't like some people's view but I just give my 2 cents and try not to get too pissed off. lol As far as current events and other interests, you'll find there are plenty of legit SMEs (subject matter experts) on this forum.
American Man is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 08:13 AM   #39
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
I 'essentially' have that. A G19 15R magazine and one of those 'sleeves' to make it feel like a full width grip. I could do the same with a G-17 magazine same 'sleeve'...
I have that xgrip sleeve as well on one of my back up mags in the glove compartment. I have the same set up for my 29 with a sleeve on a 20 mag. I cut up some pieces of the talon grip sheet to put on... not perfect craftsmanship but it adds a little to the grip... not essential though.

Recently I switched base plates on a coupe of my 33 round magazines and put them on my 10rd 26 mags with the +10 power Wolff springs. I put 250 rounds through them yesterday and no issues. I don't think I'll notice the difference on the now 31 rounders, but an extra couple rounds in the 26 is nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 G26.jpg (30.7 KB, 12 views)
American Man is offline  
Old December 7, 2019, 09:56 AM   #40
buck460XVR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 28, 2006
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer 9 View Post
Wow. I'm new to this forum, always heard good things. But two pages of children bashing a very popular handgun. I dont care what you shoot or how much you like its some immature crap going on when you cant even have a decent conversation about a popular pistol without a bunch of silliness.

Is this how it always is here? SMH
Most of the time, it's only when the thread is about a specific brand, platform, caliber, or technique used to hunt or reload..

Then folks generally take one side or the other.

Either you own one/do it that way, and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread or you don't own one/do it that way, and it's complete junk.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
buck460XVR is offline  
Old December 9, 2019, 03:58 AM   #41
kozak6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 16, 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,072
Well, the news is out. It's actually a Glock Cybertruck with minigun headlights, with an optional Glock PCC (with Cybertruck purchase only).

Seriously, though, It has to be a 10mm. Has to.

Worst case scenario, it's a Gen 5 Glock 20 with a silver slide. And no rail. That way, you buy the the black one next year. And the black one with a rail after that. And then the black one with a rail and optics mount after that...

But the future has to be brighter than that... right?
kozak6 is online now  
Old December 9, 2019, 10:23 PM   #42
Onward Allusion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 17, 2009
Location: Back in a Non-Free State
Posts: 2,806
It's gonna be a 22LR dubbed the G44. Probably high capacity (15 to 20 rounds) and made to compete with the Taurus TX22 and the Kel Tec P17.
__________________
Just keep this in mind the next time humanity fails you - "designed by clowns, who in turn are supervised by monkeys."
Onward Allusion is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 12:20 PM   #43
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
A 22... what a huge disappointment.
American Man is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 12:35 PM   #44
Onward Allusion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 17, 2009
Location: Back in a Non-Free State
Posts: 2,806
IDIOTS! G19 size frame and 10 rounds???! MSRP of around $430? LOL!
__________________
Just keep this in mind the next time humanity fails you - "designed by clowns, who in turn are supervised by monkeys."
Onward Allusion is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 12:41 PM   #45
Sharkbite
Senior Member
 
Join Date: November 4, 2013
Location: Western slope of Colorado
Posts: 3,292
This is a “ Bang—flop” in the worst sense.

Low capacity. No threaded barrel. Huge for what it does.

Sigh....
Sharkbite is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 12:47 PM   #46
American Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 21, 2018
Posts: 201
I want to know what the guy on the mountain had to do with this Legendary breakthrough... was he about to take his 22 out after trekking for 2 days and start taking out squirrels?.. or did he pack his own empty cans to stack up? As much as I love my Glocks, this is a huge embarrassment.
American Man is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 01:18 PM   #47
Forte S+W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2019
Posts: 149
Seriously, a .22 pistol? Why? Was there any demand whatsoever for a Glock chambered in .22LR? Because if so, then I've honestly never seen anyone ask for it.

It's a strange feeling, being disappointed by an announcement that you weren't even hyped for to begin with.
__________________
I know that Balistics Gel is merely a tissue simulent, but until the day comes in which convicted registered sex offenders are put to good use as a testing medium for ballistics, it's the best we've got. Besides, Ballistics Gel is probably the closest thing to the sort of human sludge that typically requires the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Forte S+W is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 01:30 PM   #48
J.G. Terry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 24, 2014
Posts: 517
I recall when the Glock 17 was introduced. There was a huge response with all sorts of wild and crazy statements and speculations. The G17 is a steady reliable service handgun to this day. Today, everybody that's any body is making a Glock knock-off of some sort or another. Despite the wort's the Glock has had a powerful impact on the handgun world. My Glock's are solid, reliable, and accurate handguns. I don't care about the rest of the stuff. The basics are good enough.
__________________
Is it possible that some snarky folks go through life with full Huggies trying to enlighten others?
J.G. Terry is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 02:34 PM   #49
TruthTellers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 22, 2016
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Man View Post
I want to know what the guy on the mountain had to do with this Legendary breakthrough... was he about to take his 22 out after trekking for 2 days and start taking out squirrels?.. or did he pack his own empty cans to stack up? As much as I love my Glocks, this is a huge embarrassment.
He was a Glock exec who told the CEO that there's no demand for a Glock .22 and it will flop. He resigned and said, "the end is nigh" and ran into the mountains Jeremiah Johnson style.
__________________
Any good revolver > Any good semi auto

"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."
TruthTellers is offline  
Old December 10, 2019, 02:40 PM   #50
TruthTellers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 22, 2016
Posts: 2,976
Yeah, this is Glock's latest flop since the 19X came out. Like, there's nothing "legendary" about a .22 blowback pistol with a 10 round capacity that's going to cost $300-350 in 2019. Seriously, the KelTec P17 is more legendary than this and has nearly twice the capacity for half the price.

Glock, seriously, you guys have so much money you could develop more innovative guns than this, you could be the Kel Tec of the handgun world and have a better reputation for quality. You guys don't even try anymore.
__________________
Any good revolver > Any good semi auto

"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."
TruthTellers is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2018 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: thefiringline.com
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.09803 seconds with 11 queries