The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 15, 2019, 05:55 PM   #1
keithdog

Holster wrap.

http://bit.ly/30d7JxM

Has anyone tried one of these and is it all it's cracked up to be? I'm thinking about getting one.
Old September 16, 2019, 02:54 PM   #2
cw308

I've seen wraps like that before , was thinking of it also . I have lower back problems every so often , went to a shoulder rig for those times the wrap could work two fold as a little back support and holster , may give one a try .
Old September 16, 2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Pahoo

Mind your pants

Quote:
Has anyone tried one of these and is it all it's cracked up to be?
A friend of mine tried one that is similar and he have to coordinate it to his regular pants/belt. He got too tight and pants started sipping down. It did give him great back support. …..

Be Safe !!!
Old September 17, 2019, 08:10 AM   #4
cw308

I'm looking at the bellyband comfort tac , I carry a 3" 1911 and S&W snub.
Old September 17, 2019, 01:53 PM   #5
T. O'Heir

How does the guy keep his pants up without a belt? Where does he carry his Swiss Army knife?
It looks like somebody added a holster to their back support belt. Couldn't imagine anything less comfortable or being more unsuitable as a gun belt. Too loose and floppy.
Old September 17, 2019, 05:09 PM   #6
cw308

T. O
That's basically all it is is a back support with a holster , if it stays flat against your body its another way to carry concealed . Better then not carrying at all , if it works like advertised , comfortable and secured I'll use one . I ordered the comfort tac today and will let you know what I think after giving it a test.

Chris
Old October 14, 2019, 01:49 PM   #7
DMK

Belly bands are great if you need to wear gym shorts, sweat pants, or even deep conceal where you can not have anything external show at all. Could also be an option for a BUG.

My concerns with them are safety. How well does it secure the firearm from falling out? How well does it protect the trigger from accidental discharge? Don't be that person on the news who dropped their gun or had an ND in a public place. A holster is not a good place to save a few bucks and go cheap.

I have a Modular Belly Band from Crossbreed. This uses a kydex holster 'module' that attaches with velcro to the band, which then also wraps over the holster module to further secure it. The kydex holster holds the gun securely and the trigger is protected. Of course it's adaptable for different guns with additional holster modules.

I think Crossbreed's belly band is a good solution to the above problems, very safe and fairly comfortable. You do have to make it fit tight and it does get hot since it wraps all the way around you. It's not as comfortable as a regular belt holster so it is not my primary method of carry. It also works best with a light handgun. I only use it with my S&W Shield or my alloy frame J-frame revolver.

Last edited by DMK; October 14, 2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old October 14, 2019, 06:56 PM   #8
krunchnik

Boy that would be warm on a summer day here in the Midsouth
Old October 17, 2019, 09:52 AM   #9
cw308

I have been using the belly band holster and surprisingly I like it alot . It carries my 3" 1911 with no wobble , it's not for any quick drawing but for concealment . I would recommend this holster . The one size fits all works better for my 1911 and the waist size band has a different snap works better for a j frame snub revolver . All depends on the stitching and snap . Hope this helps .