The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 4, 2019, 09:25 PM   #1
dgludwig

Ruger .327 Federal Magnum LCR Revolver

I can't find this gun on any shelf in Ohio so it seems that I'll have to order one (I much prefer buying firearms in person so that I can inspect them for finish and fit issues). I can't locate a dealer in Ohio selling an LCR, chambered in .327 Magnum, for anything less than $500.00 bucks. Anyone know of a brick and mortar store in Ohio that is selling them (even if having to order one) for anything much less? Thanks.
Old September 5, 2019, 10:27 AM   #2
FrankenMauser

Try the Gallery of Guns 'Gun Genie' to see what you can find within a reasonable driving distance of your location. They only allow a search area of up to 100 miles, but you can change the zip code to move farther out.

They currently have just one .327 Federal LCR available to ship.
Using a Columbus zip code, I had a few results just over $500.
Old September 5, 2019, 07:33 PM   #3
dgludwig

Thanks, FrankenMauser.
Old September 6, 2019, 07:07 PM   #4
wbbh

They are out there:

https://gunwatcher.com/ruger-lcr-327...est-price-link
Old September 7, 2019, 07:23 PM   #5
dgludwig

Thanks, wbbh.
Old September 16, 2019, 04:10 PM   #6
Doc Holliday 1950

All I know is Buds has it. I have the SA version & it's sweet. Handles a few nice calibres & is a breeze to carry ITW. This is my alternate carry for now since I bought the G43X. I traded it in with my R22lr to but the new G34X & that's because my wife cannot shoot anymore,

Doc
Old September 18, 2019, 05:39 AM   #7
Cosmodragoon

Just a thought but try asking your local dealer to get one for you. Some stores carry what they carry but in my experience, dealers usually don't mind ordering something special for a customer.
Old September 18, 2019, 10:46 AM   #8
reteach

I'm seeing a relatively new thing here in North Texas. One of my local shops has a web site that was set up by a third party. His physical shop is small and has a some guns on display, but not many. But if you go to the web site, you pick what you want from a huge variety, order it, and pick it up from the shop a couple of days later. I've seen the same web site being used by other dealers. It looks like the dealer sets the price. I don't know about other dealers, but my guy is good with me going into the shop and placing my order directly with him, paying cash. It's an extra trip for me but it gives me a chance to look at the used stuff he has there.

Maybe you can find a shop in your area that works the same way.
Old September 22, 2019, 10:43 AM   #9
Catman42

i have it in 38 special and love it. smooth trigger and accurate. Sooooooooooo, we layed money down on the same thing in .22 long rifle and it will soon be in our house. it will be my wifes gun. she wants to get a special holster to put it with in easy reach in he going to work car. anybody have a suggestion as to the holster that fits under the dash for her to get at with her right hand easily?
Old September 23, 2019, 05:13 AM   #10
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman42 View Post
i have it in 38 special and love it. smooth trigger and accurate. Sooooooooooo, we layed money down on the same thing in .22 long rifle and it will soon be in our house. it will be my wifes gun. she wants to get a special holster to put it with in easy reach in he going to work car. anybody have a suggestion as to the holster that fits under the dash for her to get at with her right hand easily?
you will find the LCR .22lr trigger to be as smooth as the LCR .38 trigger but noticeably heavier. however, it will still be better than any other manf. .22lr on the market.