The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 12, 2022, 03:55 PM   #1
FITASC

Wanting to post pics in classifieds

My photobucket account went away when they started charging and it seems this site does not allow me to post from my computer (or if it does, I do not know how)
What is a decent free host site so I can upload pics to it and then to here?
TIA!
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 12, 2022, 04:12 PM   #2
eflyguy

Click 'manage attachments' below your post. Upload here directly.
Old January 12, 2022, 04:20 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

eflyguy is correct - just press "Go Advanced" below and then you will find the Attach Files function below the text entry box.
Old January 12, 2022, 04:34 PM   #4
FITASC

Thanks!
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 12, 2022, 04:39 PM   #5
FITASC

Getting an error message saying upload failed - these are jpg files. Would it be because maybe they are too large? If not, what might be another cause?
Thanks again for helping out an old guy with ten thumbs
Old January 12, 2022, 05:06 PM   #6
FITASC

Got it straightened out, files were too big
Old January 12, 2022, 10:57 PM   #7
Mal H
Staff

Out of curiosity, how big were the files?

Our limit was set when storage was more of an issue than it is nowadays. We may be looking at bumping it up a little.

BTW, Irfanview 64 is a great free app for downsizing files while keeping the image quality good.
Old January 13, 2022, 03:39 AM   #8
FrankenMauser

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292842