The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old December 18, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Wallabing

Flurry of anti gun legislation proposed in CA already

California, being the heartland of gun control has already unveiled two extreme forms of gun control, (This was expected by all us californian gun owners anyway)

SB-47, a repeat of last years SB249. This law will make possesion of bullet buttoned rifles illegal, and subject to confiscation without compensation.

- A proposed bill that would require annual permits to own a gun for $50 a year. This permit is also required to purchase ammo.

- Thumbprinting to purchase ammo. No more online ammo purchases and shipping.
Old December 18, 2012, 07:01 PM   #2
WW2

Went by the gun shop today...

I had a chance to stop by one of my favorite gun shops on the way to work today. It was about 10:45 AM on a Tuesday. In the past when I dropped in about this time on a weekday the shop was sparsely populated. In the past, there would be just two customers and three people behind the counter. Today, there were 15 people waiting to have their number called so they could get the help of one of the counter people. There were four people working the counter. I was taken aback by all the people there on a weekday morning.

Then, one guy waiting in line said to me "looks like all the Obama supporters have shown up!" with great sarcasm in his voice. We struck up a conversation and he told me of an area to go shooting that is closer to my house than any public range so all was not lost.

Funny thing is I wanted to look at Cowboy Action guns (single action top break revolver, lever action carbine in the same caliber, and a double barrel shotgun). Not any of the semis that people we drooling over.

Hopefully this is not the start of another beat the gun banning panic buy like in 2008. As for me, I left the shop without being served as I did not have the time to wait.

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.