The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 17, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Patriot86

MAIG Member Craig Lowe defeated in runoff election

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...30419651?tc=cr

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns....mbers.shtml#FL

Quote:
The dynamic of the City Commission has officially been shaken up.
On Tuesday, former two-term City Commissioner Ed Braddy unseated incumbent Mayor Craig Lowe by a comfortable margin.

Come May, the City Commission will have a new leader who opposes the current commission majority's direction on the biomass contract, on transportation issues and on economic development.

In a city where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by a margin of more than two to one, the Republican Braddy defeated the Democrat Lowe by almost 10 percent of the vote. With all 35 precincts reporting, Braddy had 7,258 votes (55 percent) to Lowe's 6,007 (45 percent).
As a 7 year former resident of Gainesville I am glad to see this clown go. It is doubly sweet that there is now one less member of MAIG to contend with.
Every day gun rights get stronger and the anti gunners get weaker!
Old April 17, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Bartholomew Roberts

Good news!
Old April 17, 2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Nine the Ranger

Lowe was a MAIG Member!?

I need to pay more attention to my local politics...
Old April 17, 2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Mannlicher

I am constrained by this forum's decorum, from saying much about FORMER Mayor Lowe, but his rabidly anti gun stance was just one of the many odious thing about him! I am SO glad to see him gone.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old April 17, 2013, 08:16 PM   #5
cvc944

In the area where I live there are many little towns, and we noticed that many of the mayors of these little towns belonged to MAIG. We called them and politely asked them if they were certain they wanted us to consider them to be in agreement with rabidly anti-gun New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. Mr. Bloomberg lost a whole lot of small town Pennsylvania Mayors very quickly.