The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 26, 2000, 05:54 PM   #1
Hard Ball

I have just discovered something new in my problem with half the Forums. I just went to General Discussion and tried it again to see if I was somehow doing something wrong. I got the single topic per page display described in my previous post.
I discovered that on a single thread display page that of I open the single thread display and then click on "next thread" it comes up. By repeatedly clicking on "next thread" I can bring up all the threads that sould be diaplayed on that page but are not one at a time.
It looks like the data is all there but I am not getting the correct displays.
Old November 26, 2000, 10:24 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

That result isn't too surprising. We know the data is there. You are accessing it in index order with that method, the display of the data is a completely different matter. I don't have an answer, but it sounds like your browser is sending an early and erroneous acknowledgement that it has received everything. This ack may be going to your browsers own drawing engine, not necessarily to the TFL server. Did you change anything having to do with the display colors on your system recently?