The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 2, 2010, 02:06 AM   #26
KenpoTex

okay...did someone actually recommend a J-FRAME!?! The guy is asking about choices for home defense against multiple assailants who have probably already taken out his security personel. Given the part of the world he's posting from, it's a much more feasible scenario than it would be in buck-snot, kansas. Seriously? a friggin j-frame...okay, rant off.

From the choices listed I'd take either:

The krink (or any other AK variant)
Preferably with either an aimpoint micro or, if that wasn't an option, XS Big-dot sights. It would also have a light...doesn't have to be fancy, a piece of rail bolted to the handguard, a scope ring, and a Surefire G2 or 6P or any other light with a 1" tube (with shock-isolated bezel if it doesn't have an LED bulb) and you have a perfectly serviceable weapon light.

Actually, the light would be my first priority. You can just paint the front sight and the protective "wings" bright orange if you don't have the option to add an optic or aftermarket sights.

-or-

the AR/M4 with the same setup as above (optic or night-sights, and light). If I had the option, I'd go with a redi-mag instead of two cinched-together mags though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUSCG
If you get a riot shield it will protect your back from bullets, and you can trhow smoke grenades and use a thermal scope to pick off bad guys, and use fmj rounds in case they hide behind cover.
Perk 1: Double-bling (red-dot and FMJ)
Perk 2: Cold blooded
Perk 3: Steady Aim

Matt K.
Old January 2, 2010, 02:36 AM   #27
stantonizm

OP, out of curiosity, are you posting this because its something that might be applicable to your situation or just as a hypothetical situation? I'd use the M4 because that's what I, personally, am familiar with.

Also, if you take out the first five assailants you can probably use the predator missle to dispose of the rest of them.
Old January 2, 2010, 03:50 AM   #28
Firepower!

It is a possible scenario.

Guys I dont have video game equipment that you keep mentioning like predator drone, flash bang and thermal scopes.

On AKS74U, no drum for it available. I have yet to see a 5.45 drum around here.
Old January 2, 2010, 06:14 AM   #29
KenpoTex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower!
Guys I dont have video game equipment that you keep mentioning like predator drone, flash bang and thermal scopes.
Sorry, it appears that the Call of Duty geeks came out of the woodwork

Matt K.
Old January 2, 2010, 07:21 AM   #30
LordofWar

OK, so I usually have 30+ security personnel at my vicinity considering I live in a joint family where each person chips in his own arrangements so unless the attackers come disguised as the following:

[img]www.justonedance.com/belly20dancers1.jpg[/img]

And they drug all of them & slit their throats Alibaba & 40 and thieves style...

I usually have the following treats under my bed dub candy shop upon first contact:

While they're still at some distance:

They come a little closerrr we haaaavvvvvvvveeee:

M4A1 with a Mil-Dot rectile scope

&

It gets closer....

EOTECH Holos

&

Old January 2, 2010, 07:23 AM   #31
LordofWar

&

&

Then it becomes REAAAAL close & has to be vewy quiet:

The Evil Silent DUCK with the invisible red eye:

& Just in case they start flying :

So assuming everything else fails & they start reproducing & replicating @ 5 per minute............
Old January 2, 2010, 07:24 AM   #32
LordofWar

Gentlemen, I become RAMBO:

WELL IF THAT FAILS, I'm (F)rench (C)onnection (U)nited (K)ingdomed anyway.

On a serious note I would seriously consider Glenn Dee's Post #6.

Last edited by LordofWar; January 2, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old January 2, 2010, 10:09 AM   #33
smince

Quote:
Can you get a drum for the Krinkov?
No, they tried an experimental version but never adopted it. There is this though:

Quote:
The origins of this unusual polymer magazine are unclear, but it seems reasonable to assume it was intended for use with the RPK-74 light machinegun. Essentially two 30rd magazines fused together, the quad stack features "blown out" sides tapering down to a standard double-column feed neck, with dual springs and followers inside.

Pictures and engineering drawings of this magazine have been ciruclating around the internet for some time. Rarely seen even in Russia, these may not have progressed beyond the prototype stage. None were ever imported into the US, though at least a couple individuals have endeavored to build one of their own, with varying degrees of success.
Quote:
Can you get tritium sights for either the Krinkov
XS makes the BigDot and the 24/7 to fight the AKM platform. IIRC, another company makes a Trit post, but I forget who.
Old January 2, 2010, 10:39 AM   #34
N.H. Yankee

MP-5
Old January 2, 2010, 10:53 AM   #35
Dwight55

If the guards are dead, . . . intel says there are 2 to 5 attackers coming, . . . you are at best at a disadvantage, . . . you have to assume at this point (more for sake of family than anything else) a fully defense posture.

Get the folks into/under cover that will protect them, . . . get yourself behind cover, . . . build some sort of death funnel so they have to come to you through a hall way, . . . stair well, . . . single door way, . . . etc.

Grab the G3 and stand by. They will find you. There is very little in the way of armor that will stop the .308 round, . . . and it definitely will get the wearer's attention, . . . shoot for head or half way between belly button and crotch if you see armor. Take the top point of the hip if he is standing side ways to you.

If the funnel allows it, . . . let 2 of them get into the sight picture, . . . don't just shoot the first one that presents a target. Remember, . . . the closer they get, . . . the better your odds of are hitting them and hurting them as you want to.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Tags
home defense , night time