The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 1, 2009, 09:30 AM   #1
bevilsiz

Rossi 12 gauge single shot

Does anyone know what the best slug to use for the Rossi 12 gauge single shot? I have attempted firing Federal bird shots and it misfired 8 of 50. I used a remington slug and would not fire at all. Fire 3 of 5 federal 3 in slugs, and fired 25 winchester birdshots without a single misfire. The birdshots and remington slugs were the 2.75 rounds. I am totally confused. I am going deer hunting. I want to get a slug that won't misfire from this gun. It is only 2 weeks old. When it doesn't misfire it shoots great.
Old November 1, 2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Hafoc

With so many misfires from so many different brands, I'd suggest having the gun checked out. Sounds to me like you're not getting a strong enough primer strike.
Old November 1, 2009, 10:43 AM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I would spray solvent into the action from the firing pin hole, the hammer access and in the trigger group... So long as manual doesn't say otherwise. It sounds like manufacture preservatives are gumming up your show. Needs freed up is all... HOPEFULLY...
Brent
Old November 1, 2009, 08:00 PM   #4
bevilsiz

I have fired 55 totals rounds of winchesters. 50 of these were bird shots and the others were the winlite slugs. I was so happy. I'm just wondering if some kinks needed to be worked out.