The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 12, 2018, 12:48 PM   #1
DaMunchieMam

Alil help, advice, and direction

BACKSTORY

So first off I am a quad and wheelchair-bound with limited hand use. I also live in a small town with eight different golf courses. I am unable to swing regular clubs and this is where I need help with my idea.

My Idea

So with the above stated I would like to build a co2 powered golf ball gun with adjustable PSI that I can take on the golf course along with the putter to have something to do in this small town. Now I have built a potato gun before with PVC pipe and an electric BBQ igniter with Hairspray. However I am looking for something a little bit more predictable and safer for me. I am looking for ideas and maybe some tips for accomplishing my goal for the golf ball gun. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated even if it may seem like it doesn't matter I am treating this as I am a complete beginner.

Criteria

1. Most importantly I'm looking for something stable that won't blow up my hands.

2. I'm looking for something relatively compact. Or as compact is can be. It doesn't have to be small but I don't want to go out there with the huge 10-foot Cannon either

3. It has to be adjustable PSI so it coincides with the yardage I have to go on the course.

4. Being that I will be playing golf with this either 9-hole or 18 hole I'm assuming it will have to be refilled on the course numerous times so some sort of easy refill or recharge that I can do without carrying a compressor around with me would be amazing.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if you have ideas don't hesitate to run them by. I thank everyone in advance for helping me out on this project.
Old June 12, 2018, 01:38 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

DaMunchieMam, I'm sorry, but this is a firearms forum, and what you want to build has nothing to do with firearms other than being called, very loosely, a "gun."

I wish you luck with this project, but I think your question would be better asked in a golf forum, or perhaps one dedicated to air- and gas-powered guns. They're out there -- here, for example.