The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 9, 1999, 10:13 PM   #1
fubsy

On the old tfl we had the red wagon wheel that would become a bullet hole,,,,,well thats not working for me,,,,,also all the folders show that there has been new posts when there hasnt been.......I cleared out my cookies....what next......and remember im computer illiterate.......and btw...I do appreciate the work ya'll do....tks...fubsy.
Old June 9, 1999, 10:39 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Fubsy-
Are you sure you cleared the cookies? This is the only report of this problem and it *is* a cookie problem. How did you delete them?
Rich
Old June 10, 1999, 12:40 AM   #3
Daniel Watters

Actually, there have been multiple reports of this problem...but Rich is correct in that it is 'cookie' related.

Make certain that the 'cookies' you delete are from the new address "216.199.9.84", not just the old address "www.thefiringline.com".
Old June 10, 1999, 09:03 AM   #4
[email protected]
Wise Guy

Click on the "preferences" link, and select "delete your cookies". Do so.

If you have more than one browser window open, close the extras. Leave TheFiringLine and go to another site. Return. See if the folders are now working.

If not, it's time for last ditch measures. Shut down your browser. Do a search on your system for cookies.txt and delete it. Empty your recycle bin, and restart your computer. Visit TFL again. It should be working now.

If you are using AOL, all bets are off, as their browsers are buggy at best. 99% of all UBB problems come from people on AOL.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Old June 10, 1999, 10:45 PM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Thanks much, Spark. I didn't even notice the "delete cookies" option in the preferences section.
Rich