The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 28, 2020, 07:28 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

4mm Flobert?

Has anyone ever heard of it? I've heard of 6mm Flobert (it's basically a .22 BB cap), but I was looking at the web page of a Czech company that makes revolvers and I came across reference to 4mm Flobert. I wondered if anyone has ever encountered it.

http://www.alfa-proj.cz/en/products/...rt-4-mm-randz/

As long as you have the link -- has anyone ever seen or shot or owned one of this company's revolvers? Like the ammunition, I had never heard of them. I found a couple of their guns at the SHOT Show last week and I'm curious to know if they're any good, or if tey're junk.
Jeepaholic
Old January 29, 2020, 04:00 AM   #2
Geezerbiker

I used to have a 4mm Flobert round in my cartridge collection but I lost it many years ago.

A friend of my bother had a Swiss schuetzen rifle in this round and he gave me one round for my collection. This was at least 40 years ago...

Both my brother and his friend are no longer with us so I don't have anyone to ask about.

Tony
Old January 31, 2020, 08:52 PM   #3
ThomasT

4mm shows to be .157 of an inch. So .020 smaller than a .177 pellet from an airgun. I have never seen one but that round would give new meaning to the term "mouse gun".
Old January 31, 2020, 09:54 PM   #4
Jim Watson

I always heard it as 4mm Zimmerstutzen, the "parlor gun" largely replaced by good air rifles. I did not know of the revolvers, but they make sense under Euro gun control.