The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 28, 1999, 05:19 PM   #1
David's USP

Hi All,

Anybody help or point me in the right direction to find info for a complete take down for a Browning Citori? I have the Special Trap Edition and have noticed a buildup up oxidation (just can't bring myself to say the "R" word) in a few of those hard to reach places.

I make it a practice of keeping my guns well cleaned and lubed so I am really down on my self about this. I have been thinking about putting a few coats of tung oil on the unprotected areas of the stock and forearm and it looks like I'll be doing it sooner than I thought.

Since I generally shoot trap with the Citori 3 time a week I gotta be sure it is in tip-top condition. Can't afford to buy a new one if this one should fail. I also hate to wait for someone else to do it "when they can get around to it".

TIA,

David

------------------
NRA Life Member
It ain't my grammer, it's me tpyign!
Sometimes it is eaiser to apologize than ask permission

Old July 31, 1999, 12:09 AM   #2
bald1

Dave,

I acquired a 42 year old Belgian Browning Superpose and have completely restored it. What a find it was !

I obtained helpful hints assistance from a 'smith friend when I did mine but have since been told that there was an old article in the American Rifleman that compared design differences in the Browning line with a complete tear down diagram. Sorry, but I don't have the article or even a month date reference. I think there is an online index of that magazine that you can search though.

-=[Bob]=-