The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 2, 2008, 06:22 AM   #1
ringworm

Add your trick or tip

#1 NEVER buy media. I go to PETCO and buy 10 quarts of "Lizzard Litter" for 10 bucks and add a squirt of brasso.
Old September 2, 2008, 06:24 AM   #2
Sevens

Check the search engine-- we have a thread that is many, MANY pages long with tips like these. Great reading. It used to be "stickied" to the top, but they unstickied it to reduce clutter.
Old September 2, 2008, 07:53 AM   #3
hoghunting

Brasso contains ammonia, and will weaken brass cases. I would use a different polishing compound.
Old September 2, 2008, 09:16 AM   #4
jmorris

+1 (or -1) no brasso. FWIW tumbling media is by far the least expence in reloading, but glad it works for you.