The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old July 6, 2010, 04:04 PM   #1
D.A.Sadarov

Ak-108 vs M4 recoil

Hello, I am Dragan Antoninovich Sadarov and I noticed have been comparing the Recoil of the Ak-108 vs the M4A1.

One thing I have noticed is that both rifles have low recoil on semi-auto. But when I go to burst or full auto, the AK-108 seems to remain reletivly still. The M4A1 on the other hand seems to list to the right or left.

This is interesting comparison to the BARS system of the AK-108 and the Gas operated of the M4A1.
Old July 6, 2010, 10:22 PM   #2
stubbicatt

I had to look up the AK108, due to lack of familiarity.

According to wikipedia, the design of the rifle has reciprocating parts that cancel out recoil. Cool design. Seems only logical that it would work better in burst fire than the M4.

Between a standard AK 74 and the M16a2, the Kalashnikov design is far more controllable in burst fire than the Stoner design, IME. Great rifles both of them.

I did not know that the AK108 was a commonly available weapon, I thought it more of a design concept.