The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 3, 2014, 09:39 PM   #1
FoghornLeghorn

Do any of you remember Rafter S gunleather?

I just saw this on another gun forum.

Both were posted May, 2012.

Quote:
I am Steve Schafer. I started Rafter S Gunleather in 1994 and had control of the business until 2006. While I was in charge, the business was ran with the higest of ethics. Customer service and a quality product were the priority. Della and I divorced in early 2008. As part of the divorce settlement, Della bought my half of the business. In the event this thread does not answer all questions, please respond on this forum.
And this.

Quote:
Della was killed in a truck wreck in Febuary of 2013. As part of the divorce settlement, I carried the note for Della to buy my half of Rafter S Gunleather, interest free. I am now forced to take Rafter S back. My first priority is to make any bad deal anyone had with Rafter S, right. If Rafter S Gunleather owes anyone, anything, call 806-922-1651, or email [email protected] I will do all I can to fix it. If I survive this, I will start building gunleather again. Steve Schafer
I am sorry to hear about Della. I've dealt with her. I know a lot of people had a lot of problems with RafterS, but she was nice to me. I'd call and ask if she had my size and she'd ship it immediately.

I'm really sorry to hear she passed.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1488703

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1424426

Anyway, if they owe you anything ........
Old February 3, 2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

That's a real shame. I have a few of their holsters, which were impeccable. In fact, my daily belt is one of theirs. I'd spoken to Della personally a couple of times, and she was a nice lady.

A few years ago, they overpromised and fell way behind on orders. A quick web search will turn up the complaints. I'd assumed they were out of business.

I'm glad they're stepping forward to clear up outstanding issues, and if they return to the business in the future, there's certainly a market for that level of craftsmanship.
Old September 20, 2018, 09:08 PM   #3
MaryC

Steve Schafer - You still owe me Money Hardware and Leather that you never returned for the projects you were suppose to complete for me and never did. I would not recommend anyone do business with you or your Companies.....
Old September 20, 2018, 11:25 PM   #4
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to TFL, MaryC.

Sorry to say, but you responded to a thread that 1) Steve never posted here; 2) Steve is not a member of TFL; and 3) This thread is 4 and a half years old!

Closed before anyone else makes these mistakes.
Closed Thread