The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old August 17, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1
FrontSight

Girl, 19, and father, are killed by bears. Girl calls mother while being eaten alive

In Siberia. Careful out there.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...or-Tsyganenkov
Old August 17, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Sounds like a fake story but the UK's The Sun and The Daily Mail seem to confirm it, not that I put a lot of faith in either of them...

Anyway.... here's a link before this is closed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bear-cubs.html
Old August 17, 2011, 07:15 PM   #3
FrontSight

You think this thread will get closed? It's related to hunting, both from a safety standpoint and because the article says that 6 hunters were sent out to kill the bears.

Who knows, brown bear hunting opportunities might even be expanded in Siberia because of these incidents...
Old August 18, 2011, 12:06 AM   #4
SRH78

I believe he is suggesting it may get closed as a drive by since there is little commentary in your original post.
Old August 18, 2011, 01:20 AM   #5
NWPilgrim

That is a horrifying experience for the two killed of course and the mother listening to her daughter being killed by the bear.

Growing up we always fished OR hunted, and never took along any firearms on fishing excursions. Later in life I thought it's always a good time to be armed, even while fishing. I wonder what the firearms laws are in Siberia whether a hunting rifle would be allowed in those circumstances. I doubt handguns are.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old August 18, 2011, 06:44 AM   #6
BikerRN

When one goes to "play in the woods" I find it prudent to be prepared for what is possible for the inhabitants of the woods to serve you.

Therefore if a bear wishes to have me as dinner I like to have a weapon available to me suitable to change the mind of the animal that views me as a culinary treat.

Biker
Old August 18, 2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

This is more "Daily Birdcage Liner" than anything we've not discussed at length here, many times.

And it's a drive-by link, which doesn't help matters any.
Closed Thread