The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 11, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1
crr

JP Sauer & Sohn Model 1913

I have a JP Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 7.65 semi auto. The serial number is
113730. I need a firing pin for it. Tried Numrich Corp, but they are "sold out". Does anyone have one or know where I can get a firing pin?
I bought it at an antique gun store and they knew very little about it. I would also like to know when it was made, if the serial # would give that info.
Would appreciate any help.
Old February 11, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2
RJay

If you have the original firing pin, one can be made using the old pin as a pattern. If you don't have the pin, if you can find, beg, or borrow one, then a new pin can be made. Other wise I believe you are between a rock and a hard place. The gun has been out of production for close to 80 years and I know of no source of parts. You can try all of the used parts sources ( you already tried Numrich ) Such as Bob's gun parts, Hoosier gun parts but I feel you are spinning your wheels.. For any history, this is a type of gun, my reference books have several pages on it. If you post clear pictures I'm sure some one can tell you which variation you have and the era, if not the made date.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:44 PM   #3
crr

jp sauer M1913

Thanks for your info. I do have the pin. Who would be able to make one?
Old February 11, 2013, 08:09 PM   #4
KyJim

You might try Jack First Gunshop. They may have one in stock or may be able to make you one. http://www.jackfirstgun.com/index.php
Old February 11, 2013, 09:45 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

I have made those firing pins; they are not the easiest ones to make, but they are not that bad. The problem is that given the cost of gunsmith work today (hobbyists might work for fun; professionals like to eat regularly), the cost might not be more than many folks will want to pay.

If a gunsmith balks, you might try a general machine shop; they are used to oddwad one-off jobs.

Jim