The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 30, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
rebs

bullets4peace ?

Has anyone heard of these or know what their agenda is ?
Are they anti gun or pro gun ?

Last edited by Tom Servo; November 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added link
Old November 30, 2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Xfire68

I just read the "About statement" on the website and it seems he is at the least anti bullets! LOL

If he does not want bullets/cases to be reused I would venture to guess he is anti gun as well.

That said he has designed some nice looking jewelry.
Old November 30, 2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Gaerek

He has the erroneous belief that if he collects all the spent casings and make jewelry out of it, manufacturers won't be able to make cartridges anymore...or something like that.

Good luck with that.
Old November 30, 2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Ben Towe

Quote:
He has the erroneous belief that if he collects all the spent casings and make jewelry out of it, manufacturers won't be able to make cartridges anymore...or something like that.

Good luck with that.
I think he's well aware that it will not have an actual effect. It's more a symbolic effort. Not sure on his domestic weapons thoughts as he seems more focused on war zones and the like.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Not sure on his domestic weapons thoughts as he seems more focused on war zones and the like.
And, in a way, I'm OK with that. It's admirable to make an attempt, no matter how small or symbolic, to break cycles of violence where they occur.

Nothing on the site suggests an anit-gun agenda, and the list of charities doesn't send up any alarm bells.

(Ricki Lake's still on the air?)
Old November 30, 2012, 10:58 PM   #6
SVO

I wonder how TSA Friendly his jewelry is?
Old December 1, 2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Why do I think this is about the biggest crock of BS ever encountered?

Quote:
After the war, Rafi moved to the Orient to live as a Monk in order to further his martial arts training and to explore a more introspective approach to dealing with violence. His advanced training and self-discovery through mediation and Chinese healing arts led him back to Israel and later to South Africa where he opened a martial arts school to teach peace through martial arts. Rafi participated in various matches and now holds numerous World Championship Titles representing South Africa.

Years later, Rafi relocated to the United States to continue his desire to promote peace. His most recognized accomplishments were through his work in the United States teaching martial arts to Hollywood celebrities and through his work with the U.S Government where he provided counter terrorism training.
The guy looks to be maybe 40 years old. We are expected to believe that in one lifetime this guy (of whom I have never heard) has
  1. Been an Israeli army officer
  2. Been a monk in China
  3. Been a world champion in MULTIPLE martial arts disciplines
  4. taught martial arts in South Africa
  5. Taught martial arts to Hollyweird stars; AND
  6. Been a counter-terrorism consultant to the U.S. government

Every cell and every atom in my body is screaming, "NO [BLEEP]ING WAY!"

Quote:
The empowerment and strength of the Shaolin warriors, combined with the softness and healing capabilities of the Wu Dang monks creates a perfect discipline.
And my response to this is to say, "Impossible." These are two very different disciplines, and IMHO they are not compatible. I'm not sure what you get when you try to combine two mutually-exclusive disciplines, but I'm pretty sure it's not a third discipline, and I'm very sure it's not perfect.
Old December 1, 2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I sent them the following email, just for giggles:

Hello,

A few of things...

1)The images on your front page, of the "bullets" (actually cartridges) are in fact rifle rounds. They would not be fired from a handgun, as in your picture.

2)"Manufacturers" do not pick up shell casings and reload them. There are a few commercial reloading operations in the USA but by FAR, most manufacturers use new, never fired brass.

3)Reloaders are generally not criminals nor soldiers. Criminals buy new ammo, soldiers are issued ammo. In other words, the brass you pick up would have never be in the hands of criminals anyway.

4)The percentage of ammo, in the USA, that is ever used in any sort of crime is vanishingly small. Tens of millions of rounds are manufactured on an annual basis. The percentage of those used in crime is so small as to be essentially immeasurable. The percentage of THOSE that are reloads is, for all intents and purposes, zero.

Brian
Old December 2, 2012, 01:49 PM   #9
rebs

I sent them an email about what their position is on gun control and I still have't received an answer.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:59 PM   #10
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I wonder if I can send in my own brass and have them do some cool designs just for me... Such as...

"Kill 'em all and let god sort them out"...

"Here piggy piggy piggy"...

"Big dogs Bark here and bite over there"...

"Ticket punch for the slow black train ride"...

Brent
Old December 3, 2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Ben Towe

Quote:
"Ticket punch for the slow black train ride"...
LOL!