The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 15, 2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Deaf Smith

Best Level II holster made for Glocks and why they are best

Gang,

Looking for a level II holster for a Glock 23 .40. I would love to hear suggestions and why they are better. I know about the Serpa but not others.

Thanks,

Deaf
Old September 15, 2017, 07:38 PM   #2
DPI7800

Better? I think if you are comparing quality gear it beomes a personal assessment that can only be made by the end user for their intended use.

I prefer the Safariland ALS, but that is when it is attached to a duty belt, leg shroud, or hip belt on my pack.
Old September 29, 2017, 04:37 PM   #3
BillG174

I have two Nate Squared (N82) Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com. One is for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and the other one is for my Glock 30 Gen 4. N82 sells several types of holsters but I like their Professional model best. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 to 9:30 as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort.

N82 also sells a Tandem model that has two clips. A single clip holster is much easier and faster to put on and take off plus the backing is larger than the Professional to accommodate the two clips.

The Professional and Tandem have 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate which has retention and trigger guard protection.

N82 has a lifetime guarantee and a 30 day trial. Their products and customer service is absolutely superior.

While talking about holsters, it is very important to have a good gun belt to hold and support the weight of the holster and gun. You shouldn’t use a “department store” belt as it is not thick enough or rigid enough. I highly recommend a Bigfoot gunbelt www.gunbelts.com. I have a 18 ounce belt with a stainless steel core between the two layers of English bridle leather. Their quality and customer service is also superior and they have a trial period too.

Freedom Is Not Free
SAF, GOA, Kansas State Rifle Association
Old September 29, 2017, 08:16 PM   #4
PPGMD

Bill,

Do you understand what a Level II holster is?

Deaf,

If you are looking for any sort of retention holster it is Safariland or bust. The ALS is probably the option that will get in your way the least, while still be secure against both gun grabs and falling out. If falling out is your only concern the GLS holsters aren't a bad option. Also if gun grabs are a major concern stick with the duty lines, the attachment methods are much more secure than the other lines.
Old September 30, 2017, 09:25 AM   #5
amd6547

I bought a Saraland 7377 for my G26, and I'm very happy with how well it fits.