The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 30, 2000, 08:08 PM   #1
Tall Man

Hello Rich, et al:

I've noticed a marked increase in requests for gun show schedules. These "arms bazaars" (as I like to refer to them) are more important than ever when one contemplates the current political climate.

Even if Governor Bush prevails as our next president-elect, the fight will go on at one level or another for time eternal. It is important for all of us to support the aforementioned shows to the extent that we are able to do so.

That being said, may I respectfully suggest that you consider the addition of a "Gun Show Schedule" forum to TFL's Forum Index?

I'm just about to go to the General Discussion forum to post a listing of scheduled guns shows for my area of the country. Most requests for said schedules, as well as unsolicited show schedules themselves, seem to find there home in this forum, or the Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises forum.

I am not well-versed in information technology, and cannot comment intelligently on the bandwidth or server requirements of my request. So, I'll leave this idea in your capable hands.

Thanks,
Tall Man
Old November 30, 2000, 09:07 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Tall Man-
It's been brought up before and, like before, it's a tempting suggestion. The server and traffic load isn't a problem, but the utility is. Think about how and why people use TFL, a site for National, if not international firearms and BoR issues. That said, can you picture many people running into a national Forum on Gun Shows to find out if one is going on close to home?

If we could find someone to manage such a task on a weekly basis, we'd gladly put up a link with the US map for people to do a quick check for their area. ........

And, in typing that, I may have just gotten a scathingly brilliant idea. It's in my mind that, in Florida at least, there are only two or three sponsors that put these shows on Statewide. If that's the case across the nation, we can offer them free exposure and they can offer us yearly schedules and, perhaps, manpower to maintain the links.

Can we get a volunteer to follow up on this?
Rich