The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 20, 2005, 10:02 PM   #1
shureshot0471

Give me your best shots

Tell me about your best wing shooting mine came when I was 13 we were duck huntin and 3 birds came in pulled up and in one shot killed all 3 they were all teal if that explains it and I was shootin a 3.5 mag gun
- Ted Nugent
Old December 21, 2005, 11:08 AM   #2
SCcdp

I've had a couple of doubles in the duck blind, but I think my best wingshooting moment was in the dove field -- I had three doves coming at me crossing slightly to my right hand side. I swung from back to front and killed all three with three seperate shots(they were spread out enough). That is by far the best shooting that I've ever been lucky enough to do.
Old December 21, 2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Clayfish

When I was 13 I was "exploring" in the woods behind my house with my single shot 20ga that my grandfather gave me when I scared up a covey of quail. I drew the shotty and shot from the hip hitting the bird I was looking at. The luckiest shot I made and my first ever quail.
Old December 21, 2005, 03:04 PM   #4
Brandon_Lutz

Best shot was when I was duck hunting when I was maybe 15. I had already downed a few mallards when some teal came in.

Anyon who has hunted teal know how those suckers move and you can screw yourself into the ground trying to keep up with them. I kept following this one hoping it would come into range. It finally did, but then swept low out my line of sight behind some reeds. Suddenly that sucker popped up right by the blind and I just aimed up, and shot. Killed it and it fell in the blind. Luckiest shot ever.
Old December 22, 2005, 10:13 AM   #5
Jingles

Buzzard at 90 yards slowly circling with a encore pistol in 223.

Second best, black birds on the fly with a savage 22 pump. About a 50 percent hit ratio out to 40 yards
Old December 22, 2005, 02:51 PM   #6
iudoug

My best was in

Iceland last year. First, let me say there are days I cant miss Then there are days I cant hit my butt with both hands :barf: Anyway, I was hunting with a really nice guy who orchestrated the hunt and a real jerk who was as told to me by both guys he was an instructer in the marines( I assume it was rifles...doesnt matter he knew it all about everything!} Anyway he starts off on my butt...wrong gun....held it wrong..etc etc....After about 20 shots on ducks I had 15...he had 5.....the nice guy said to him...Dang Jim...you are a heckof a teacher....you have coached Doug 5 minutes and he is already kicking your butt. For 3 days I couldnt hardly miss..long shots...short shots I hit damn near everthing I pointed at....I will never forget that as long as I live...just because it will probably never happen again.