The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 18, 2019, 12:56 PM   #1
MikeGoob

What happend to NRA 'Cam & Company'?

I used to periodically download/watch these 3 hour shows but since the new year, it looks like they knocked it down to 30 minute segments. This seemed like a popular show--did they cut it due to interest? Something else? Seems like there was no explanation.
Old February 18, 2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Bartholomew Roberts

The NRA is short money and laid off a lot of its media organization. I’m just guessing but I’d wager he main purpose in expanding the media side was to give NRA an out under the pre-Citizen’s United ruling as media organizations were exempt from the restrictions. Post Citizen’s United, the need for a money-losing media organization is limited.
Old February 19, 2019, 09:33 AM   #3
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
The NRA is short money and laid off a lot of its media organization. I’m just guessing but I’d wager he main purpose in expanding the media side was to give NRA an out under the pre-Citizen’s United ruling as media organizations were exempt from the restrictions. Post Citizen’s United, the need for a money-losing media organization is limited.
Quote:
According to a 1995 Los Angeles Times story, the NRA was paying LaPierre $190,000 per year in the mid-1990s. More recently, the NRA has paid LaPierre an annual salary of roughly $1 million. But in some years, LaPierre has earned far more.
-Feb 28, 2018
hmmm...

"Tools not Trophies”
Old February 19, 2019, 06:28 PM   #4
Bartholomew Roberts

I’d guess the $30-50 million they are spending to fend off Bloomberg funded gun control that you support is a bigger problem budget-wise; but I wouldn’t cry to see LaPierre gone.
Old February 19, 2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Glenn E. Meyer

http://money.com/money/5178193/wayne...-money-salary/

Wayne is doing OK.