The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 31, 2018, 10:32 PM   #1
rjinga

9mm Shield fits in EDC belt pouch

I was looking to see if I could find a small utility belt pouch that would also hold my 9mm Shield, and after a little looking I order this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It arrived today, and my initial impression is very good.

There are tons of pouches like this available online. I chose this one because of its size, approximately 4.6 x 2.0 x 7.1 inches(L x W x T), the price ($7.99),and the "bonus" aluminum carabiner.

The phone in the front pouch is a Samsung Galaxy S7 in an Otter commuter case. The side panels of this pouch are elastic, so a slightly wider and thicker phone would fit. You could go 2" taller too.

There's the Shield with the 7-round mag. I do have to pull the zipper up/out just a little to get it over the bottom edge of the grip. I'll try my son's Glock 43 in the pouch too shortly.

I serve on the Safety Team at my church, and this pouch should come in handy. Right now, on those Sundays I'm constantly shifting my phone, spare mag, church keys, and radio around in my pockets.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old February 3, 2018, 05:48 PM   #2
rjinga

I did a little practicing this afternoon "drawing" from the pouch. I'd start the timer with my right arm down at the side of the pouch, then I'd unzip the pouch, draw the Shield, and stop the timer with the "bang" on the snap cap. My initial times were around 2.4 seconds. After a little practice I got it down around 1.75 seconds, with my best time being 1.53 seconds.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old February 4, 2018, 10:41 PM   #3
1MoreFord

I like this much better than your Sneaky Pete solution. I may have to buy into this one for my little Sig. I'd consider trying this as a cross draw rig.
Old February 5, 2018, 10:39 AM   #4
rjinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
I like this much better than your Sneaky Pete solution.
Well, this pouch is certainly more versatile with two zippered pockets (with smaller pockets inside), a cellphone pocket, and a pen pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
I'd consider trying this as a cross draw rig.
I may end up using it that way. I was experimenting with it on Saturday and started thinking: "I hold my phone in my left hand when I'm using it. If I'm writing notes, I'll be holding the notepad in my left hand. If it's on my left hip, it won't interfere with my seat-belt when I'm driving. And then, if I'm standing for any extended period of time, I can slide the pouch around over my left pocket for a cross draw."

Old February 5, 2018, 03:20 PM   #5
rjinga

Glock 43 fits too

Here's my son's Glock 43 with the 6-round mag and the pinkie extension. I did have to pull the zipper out just a little to get it over the very edge of the extension.