The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 27, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1
gundog5

Thanks Gunstop.com

I have been searching for months for 40s&w dies and 45 colt dies. found a site called www.gunstop.com They indicate on their site that the only advertise what the currently have in stock. No one else had the above in stock and most would not allow back orders. I ordered the above and a week later they were at my door. (arrived 5 minutes ago) Just wanted everyone to know.
Old February 27, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Gdawgs

They are about 45 minutes from where I live, so I go there fairly often. The guy who runs the place is a good guy. They have more stuff than what they list on their website, so if you don't see what you are looking for, give them a call.
Old February 27, 2013, 04:39 PM   #3
gundog5

Good idea, it was just a real pleasure in this day and age to find, order and receive the product without incident.
Old February 27, 2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Never heard of them before... they've got some stuff in stock that I've been looking for.... cheaper than MidWay too... I'll have to place an order...
Old March 4, 2013, 11:58 AM   #5
rlc323

Nice company to deal with. I see they advertise in Handloader magazine. Ordered some stuff Thursday evening and got it this morning. Like Brian said they have some things cheaper than Midway and some things I ordered Midway is listing as out of stock.

Nothing against Midway, they are great, but I bet this panic has a lot of big companies like Midway scrambling for equipment from the suppliers.

Gunstop did not charge my card until the order was ready to ship, which is the right way to do business.
Old March 4, 2013, 05:41 PM   #6
LarryFlew

John is Awesome to deal with and a very up front honest guy. Has been in the business for a long time. He was just past a teenager when I first started buying from him. Now he is almost as grey as I am at 65 but not quite as old.

About 25 minutes away for me too.