The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 22, 2020, 03:58 PM   #1
Shadow9mm

Lena Miculek "The Quick 60....Rifle Training on the Range" drill

Well, Lena has done it again. a quick 60rnd rifle drill. Just came out today. Looks like i will be going to the range tomorrow assuming it is not pouring rain. Looks like a great drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NkLvJff2w
Old June 22, 2020, 09:33 PM   #2
AffordableArmory

I haven’t watched it yet, but I was planning to check it out. It’s on my playlist. If I like it, I’ll definitely try it at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 23, 2020, 08:06 AM   #3
AffordableArmory

I watched it. Those are some good drills, for sure. I would practice the mag changes from a pocket or a mag pouch if possible. Other than that, the transitions were good. The vertical tracking was good. I might add a turn and shoot, a high ready, and an over-the-shoulder roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 23, 2020, 09:02 AM   #4
stagpanther

She's great--that's for sure.

Just general comments, not a criticism of her videos. Both of her at-ready ready videos show the weapon pointed down at the table--I'm pretty hard wired that the barrel doesn't point at anything I'm not ready to destroy once a cartridge is in the chamber. Am I the only one who thought "what if I bounced a ricochet off the table?" I'm willing to step up to the plate and say "yeah, I might be stupid enough to have an AD under those circumstances."
Old June 24, 2020, 12:54 PM   #5
Shadow9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagpanther View Post
She's great--that's for sure.

Just general comments, not a criticism of her videos. Both of her at-ready ready videos show the weapon pointed down at the table--I'm pretty hard wired that the barrel doesn't point at anything I'm not ready to destroy once a cartridge is in the chamber. Am I the only one who thought "what if I bounced a ricochet off the table?" I'm willing to step up to the plate and say "yeah, I might be stupid enough to have an AD under those circumstances."
I agree, at the same time i can just about guarantee that table it a piece of wood covered with carpet. Shooting it wouldn't really hurt it, and I can just about guarantee it would go through the table into the dirt safely. That said you should have consistent training and pointing at the table is less than ideal.
Old June 24, 2020, 03:17 PM   #6
GE-Minigun

Your worried about putting a round into the table...I'm more worried why is she shooting in the wrong direction?
Old June 24, 2020, 04:52 PM   #7
stagpanther

tables I see at ranges are often poured concrete and have steel. Anyway, don't want to seem like a troll nit-picker, just hits my concern button. ; )