The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 22, 2007, 06:06 PM   #1
RFC

How do you remove the barrel from a Beretta Bobcat?

I have an aftermarket barrel I want to try. Do you just punch it out or is there another trick. I have only been able to get the pin to budge a little bit with a punch. What am I doing wrong? I don't what to pound to hard on that small aluminum frame.

Thanks

RFC
Old January 22, 2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

The frame should be supported on a steel bench block, over a hole that is slightly larger than the pin. If the frame is not supported in this manner there is an excellent chance that you will break it. There is a good chance you will break it anyway, so be very careful!
Bill
Old January 22, 2007, 10:09 PM   #3
RJay

Thr odds are you will break the frame. If I was still a gambling man I would give 5 to 1 odds the frame will crack. Sorry about that, I hope I'm wrong but I've seen several parts guns that some one tried to remove the barrel.